Sponsored

Challenger 1320 going for 9s NA in January !

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I plan on being the first 392 hemi to EVER go 9s NA on heads & cam next month (stock short block). The car is the current "record holder" for bolt-ons only with a best of 10.77 @123 which was done without full bolt-ons or trans tuning (but great da).

I have a custom max effort cam - definitely one of the biggest cams ever put in a 392 with stock pistons and some beautiful Thitek heads coming any day now. Switching to a 15" rear conversion as well with RC Comp rims, more weight reduction too!

Will stay with the OEM trans and probably the OEM TC too, not by choice.....Circle D makes an aftermarket but whether or not it will fit is uncertain. Many say yes, many say no...the pump is supposedly different and a few other things on the 1320 trans vs a non 1320. I might have to order one and just be test mule.

Yes, before people complain or act like I'm hiding details......the car is gutted up to the dash and also center console is still in it. Once I get my best max effort gutted slip my plan is to put all interior back in and see what it will do in that configuration as well.

Track rental is Jan 17-19

Wish me luck!
IMG_1965.JPG
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Good luck. I assume your pulling a ton of weight. Like the Camaros & Mustangs that have ran NA into the 9s.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Ive always liked the Challanger. So I'm rooting for you.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Good luck op!

With all the weight reduction you've done, what does it weigh currently?

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
What track? PBIR, Bradenton?? I see you're in palm beach so I'll guess PBIR. Used to go the Super chevy shows there before I got into mustangs.

OP
OP
Southfloridanick
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
What track? PBIR, Bradenton?? I see you're in palm beach so I'll guess PBIR. Used to go the Super chevy shows there before I got into mustangs.
Houston raceway park.... need 0 da. I run at PBIR all the time, Orlando occasionally

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, 15" conversion on all 4 corners....gutted, and lightweight parts
Goodluck, who doesn't like a stripper!? I thought about stripping my car down just to see how much of a difference it makes.
Sponsored