Sponsored

CG lock on S550 belt.. anyone fitted successfully.?

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
So after a brief search and taking receipt of a CG Lock belt grip, I find the 2015 latch is too wide for the clamp section of the lock.

Without going into the CG Locks are crap debate.. mixed reviews everywhere I look - has anyone successfully fitted a lock to the S550 belt.?

I hadn’t noticed that the S550 latch hoop is so thick, that tightening the clamp onto it is next to impossible, without some serious machining or grinding.
Sponsored

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I looked into these as well and after doing some reading found out they would not work on our cars.

lucasmelobr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Auto
They don't fit how they are suppose to.
With that said, I still use them and they will lock and keep me planted in my seat. No issues...
I still think they are worth it and like mine. They bottom out on the latch and hold me down in the seat.

mustanghammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have one and this thread prompted me to test it. It works. It didn't fit the buckle on my 2012 either but it still worked.

A better alternative in my opinion is to install the lap belt portion from a racing harness and use that in conjunction with the factory belt. You just have to unbolt the factory belt at the floor and put the lap belt under the factory belt. If you hit up someone that races in SCCA or NASA they will likely have a set of belts that have aged out and can no longer be used. That is where my old belts go....

jpaulson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
I just twist the belt a few times before plugging it in.

lucasmelobr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Auto
Like I said it still works, and it's a good cheap addition.
With that said, with NT01 tires I having a hard time keep myself not shifting side to side.
Most corvettes can't keep up with me on the NT01s, I'm possibly looking for 4 point harness that I can get on/off for the track(daily driver).
Sponsored