Sponsored

CFTP Cars and Oil Separators: Already Installed by the Factory?

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
Can any GT500 owners whose cars have the CFTP Option and have taken delivery of their cars advise if the FRPP Oil Separators (driver & passenger side) are already installed on the engine from the factory; or if ...like the Handling Package Option...come boxed in the trunk and have to be installed by the Dealer or owner. Thanks
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
They are in boxes and not installed on the assembly line. If a dealer installs one at this point and doesn't charge you they have done it as a courtesy as they cannot bill Ford for the install time. CFTP and Handling Package cars are the same in this regard.

2 24 2020 this doc dropped at Ford Parts COLORED-XL.jpg

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
The CFTP doesn't come with a drivers side Air/Oil separator.
@kilobravo or @RapidResponder should be able to answer your question about the CFTP cars.

OP
OP

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
They are in boxes and not installed on the assembly line. If a dealer installs one at this point and doesn't charge you they have done it as a courtesy as they cannot bill Ford for the install time. CFTP and Handling Package cars are the same in this regard.

2 24 2020 this doc dropped at Ford Parts COLORED-XL.jpg
Thank you for the info......

Sponsored

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
My CFTP car came with the Air Oil Separator, Splitter Wickers and Adjustable Strut Top Mount in separate boxes located in the trunk. Also present are 4 each lug nuts (which were replaced with provided lock nuts) and suspension shipping wedges which could be reused in the future.

The FRPP Air/Oil Separator is a highly engineered original equipment part which retails over $400.00. The GT500 uses only one unit on the passenger side of the engine bay which requires no maintenance, unlike JLT and Steeda separators. The unit separates Air/Fuel (to be re-burned at low speeds) and Oil (which is redirected to the oil pan). A well engineered state-of-the-art system, if you ask me. And the FRPP Oil Separator is designed specifically for the 2020 GT500. Ford recommends installation of the Air Oil Separator when tracking the car, but all of my custom engines have been performance built and an Air/Oil Separator is a must.

I will wait for 1000-2000 miles to ensure proper break-in and then I will install ALL of the included parts. The dealership is not obligated pay for installation so it is on your dime and time. Some will save the parts for a future buyer, but I want the car "Factory, As-Designed" as soon as break-in is completed.

Oil Mist Separator.jpg

Wicker Splitters.jpg

Adjustable Front Suspension.jpg

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I immediately installed the oil catch. My last three mustangs were supercharged, and I have seen first hand what oil mist collected in the fins of the heat exchanger will do. I will not run the engine without one, if I can help it. Also, the break in listed inside the manual only states 100 miles.

Now, I do not expect you to have any residue build up, at only 1,000 miles, it's just a personal preference of mine to install immediately.

I would like to see what the suspension wedges you speak of look like. I did not get these, and I know with certainty the PDI was not done on my car. It came off the delivery truck, and onto the trailer I towed it home with.

Thanks,

Jaime

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I immediately installed the oil catch. My last three mustangs were supercharged, and I have seen first hand what oil mist collected in the fins of the heat exchanger will do. I will not run the engine without one, if I can help it. Also, the break in listed inside the manual only states 100 miles.

Now, I do not expect you to have any residue build up, at only 1,000 miles, it's just a personal preference of mine to install immediately.

I would like to see what the suspension wedges you speak of look like. I did not get these, and I know with certainty the PDI was not done on my car. It came off the delivery truck, and onto the trailer I towed it home with.

Thanks,

Jaime

The spring wedges only come with the CFTP cars because of the lowered ride height of the CFTP cars. They are for transport only.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
The spring wedges only come with the CFTP cars because of the lowered ride height of the CFTP cars. They are for transport only.
Ahh, makes sense. Thanks Earl!

Sponsored

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R

Thanks,

Jaime

I am referencing the following break-in procedures referenced in the GT500 Supplement. As always, my first oil change will be at 500 miles to remove break-in particulates. The 1000 mile break-in period has been strongly recommended by Gary Patterson, who also has a Rapid Red 2020 Shelby GT500.

BREAKING-IN

Your vehicle requires a break-in period.
Drive your new vehicle at least 100 mi
(160 km) before performing extended wide
open throttle maneuvers and at least
1,000 mi (1,600 km) before operating your
vehicle at high speeds or track conditions.

Note: Vary your speed frequently in order
to give the moving parts a chance to break
in.

Here is information on the shipping suspension spacers.

Transporting or Trailering (If
Equipped with Carbon Fiber Track
Pack)

Due to low ground clearance, your vehicle
is transported from the assembly plant to
the dealer with front and rear suspension
spacers installed. These are removed by
the dealer prior to customer delivery and
are provided with the vehicle. If you plan
to transport or trailer your vehicle and need
additional clearance, the spacers may be
reinstalled for additional underbody
clearance.

Note: Suspension spacers must be
removed before driving your vehicle. Failure
to remove the spacers may cause damage
to suspension components and degrade
vehicle performance.

Spacers.jpg

E250502

Front Suspension
Insert the top of the spring spacer onto the
spring first, then snap the bottom of the
spacer into place.

Rear Suspension
Slide the shock absorber dust boot down
by hand, then snap the spacer into place
around the shock rod.

Suspension Wedges.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Thanks to all of you who responded to this question. Something to think about before the car arrives at the dealer.

GattmanLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT500 (SOLD)
Galpin installed my oil separator, camber plates, splitter and wicker splitters. And checked street alignment during PDI. No extra charge. I also adjusted the rear wing to track position right away. Because #Racecar. After 850 miles of careful break-in (done in a day and a half) I did the first oil change, adjusted to track alignment, and was racing around Thermal the next day!
At 1600 miles I’ve had it dyno’d and it’s pushing a thumping 673whp on 91.
This car is amazing!!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Since they can only get reimbursed for 1.1 hrs of time for PDI that means they ate the time spent over and above that. Good to hear.

z 2020 P&C GT500 reimbursement schedule COLORED.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I bet my store charged Ford for five or six hours on mine, Tob, but that was back when Ford was still paying. Then again, I don't KNOW if they got paid but I bet they did. Haven't heard a peep.
Sponsored