Cervini's Stalker side scoops preview!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Got my Cervini's Stalker side scoops installed. I love them even more than the pictures! I'm a long time customer of Cervini's and have come to just expect awesomeness! Everything I've purchased from them for over 10 years has just been amazing.

Side scoops have been part of Mustang heritage since the beginning. When I got my S550, I first purchased the Roush scoops. They are very nice, subtle yet definitely highlights the body lines. I was good with that until Cervini's released pics of their new Stalker! That changed my world! I immediately had to have those scoops! I was so happy to get them, installed the same day!

The fit is amazing. If you look at the closeup pic below, you can see all of the angles going on. The scoop matches perfectly! I love the way they put the scoop at an angle from the door edge slanting back towards the rear of the car. That way it matches perfectly with the lines and because it slants backwards, it isn't in the way when you enter/exit the car and it put them at an ideal place aesthetically. I also like the top edge aligned to the body line so it flows smoothly rather than breaking it up. Although it looks lighter because of my poor photography skills, the screen is a black mesh that is very sturdy. I'm not really a fan of the gaping empty holes. I also ordered them painted and like everything else I've received from Cervini's, the paint is just amazing. Not too long ago they opened another facility for painting. Yes they could probably get painted parts out quicker but that would mean sacrificing quality because they let the paint cure before shipping. I don't think they will ever compromise on quality.

I'm not sure when these will be officially released but I think it will be soon. I couldn't be happier with the purchase!
close.JPG
mid.JPG
far.JPG
Sponsored

CJRogue

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The 2-section scoop is goes perfectly with that hood!

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Does the scoop have tubes to direct cool air to the differential or true fuel tank?

Sponsored

OP
OP
jbailer

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
too bulky. I prefer the subtlety of Roush, especially since none are actually functional
I think the bulky look comes from the angle of the pic. these scoops are angled back and the front portion looks wider than normal. But from the pic below, these scoops look very proportional.:thumbsup:

Thanx to jbailer for posting the pics. Wouldn't mind seeing a few more....:thumbsup:

OP
OP
jbailer

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Here's a better pic now that I can get the car outside. Let me know if you want to see it from a different angle. If you can describe it to me well, I'll try to get the pic.
front_corner.jpg

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Here's a better pic now that I can get the car outside. Let me know if you want to see it from a different angle. If you can describe it to me well, I'll try to get the pic.
Thanx . If you could get a full side pic and a pic as close to running down the fender line as possible, that would be great.:cheers:

BTW....... Your car looks beautiful. Very clean and tastefully modded.. :)

No hurry thou, as the scoops aren't even on the market yet...LOL

Sponsored
OP
OP
jbailer

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Here's one of the side, I'll get the other one when I get a chance.
side.jpg

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I am somewhat amused when people start to stick air drags on their aerodynamically designed cars. Some forum members are removing everything they can to lighten the weight. I hope they don't add non-functional scoops that not only add weight but also add several square feet of air blockage. You might as well stick a Dominoes Pizza sign perpendicular across the roof.

Update: I apologize for the above statement. I have a friend in the aeronautical industry...who also reads this forum. He emailed me back. He actually ran some simulations to see how much effect the hood and side scoops would have. "Assuming that the scoops are non-functional, at 80 mph, the three scoops will cut power from 1 to 2 HP"

Last edited:

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
I am somewhat amused when people start to stick air drags on their aerodynamically designed cars. Some forum members are removing everything they can to lighten the weight. I hope they don't add non-functional scoops that not only add weight but also add several square feet of air blockage. You might as well stick a Dominoes Pizza sign perpendicular across the roof.
I am somewhat amused when people think that by adding hood scoops, side scoops and quarter window louvers hurts the aerodynamics of the their car. Its not like the parts are sitting a foot off the car.

I highly doubt that you took a Mustang to a wind tunnel and did testing to see how the aerodynamics are effected with or without hood scoops, side scoops and quarter windows louvers installed on a vehicle.

Its his car, if wants them on his car he is entitled to it. If you don't want scoops/louvers on your own car, you are entitled to it.

Curious to what you have to say when Ford put a hood scoop on their 2009 Cobra Jet Mustangs that runs like 10 seconds out of the box. Wouldn't the hood scoop "hurt" the aerodynamics of the vehicle?

Anywho, if everyone had the same mindset about getting rid of scoops and remove unnecessary weight, etc..., then the Mustang hobby will be boring.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
But, some of don't care.:shrug: If I want to lighten my weight, I will diet.:D

I understand, from your post, you don't like these nonfunctional parts. That's fine, but some of us like it.

As for the Dominos sign on the car, I found this. Not a Mustang, but if it good enough for Indy, it's good enough for me. :lol:

OP
OP
jbailer

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
@ NoReins, I was going to reply and basically say the same thing. I've heard that from a couple people. I'm amused by the simple thinking but at the end of the day, I really couldn't give a crap what they think about my car... If they are that committed to their opinion, they certainly shouldn't get those parts. The funniest thing is why would they go to a thread like this in a forum? When they can clearly see on the the title of the thread it is about side scoops, why go into the thread at all, then proceed to display their ignorance.
Sponsored