Cervinis GT500 hood for 2018

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I saw that tonight - but they don’t give Canadian addresses a shipping price at checkout, so that is unknown for the moment. I am going to call them tomorrow to get shipping price. For me, living in Ontario and CJs in Pennsylvania, the shipping is reasonable. If Lethal is much further South, the 10% may be offset by the increased ship charge. I will know tomorrow.
Thank you!
I bought the Cervinis Fiberglass GT500 Hood in October for my 2019 GT Premium, PP1. The hood was so much heavier than my Aluminum OEM GT hood and it Didn't fit at all, pure junk. Body shop tried to get it to fit for 6 hours before they said, not going to fit anywhere close to OEM. Cervinis made me pay for the return because the Customer service Manager said my body shop just didn't know how to fit a hood. What an absolute joke. I mailed the hood back on my dime.
Sponsored

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
I bought the Cervinis Fiberglass GT500 Hood in October for my 2019 GT Premium, PP1. The hood was so much heavier than my Aluminum OEM GT hood and it Didn't fit at all, pure junk. Body shop tried to get it to fit for 6 hours before they said, not going to fit anywhere close to OEM. Cervinis made me pay for the return because the Customer service Manager said my body shop just didn't know how to fit a hood. What an absolute joke. I mailed the hood back on my dime.
Unfortunately, I'm hearing / reading too many negative comments regarding Cervini's customer service. I will look elsewhere. Thanks!

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I’ve got this hood sitting in my garage right now waiting for my car to come out of storage and go to the body shop in spring. Hopefully mine is good. The shop says they’ve always had good luck with Cervinis and they do top notch work so I’m hopeful.

I will say that I’m very glad I ordered through Lethal, because those guys will have your back.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, I'm hearing / reading too many negative comments regarding Cervini's customer service. I will look elsewhere. Thanks!
You know I just don't get it. In these tuff times customer service is what separates companies who fail, and companies who succeed. I mean this is just crazy.
This is crazy.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 is the first time in 20 years that I had decided to buy another sports car and mod the hell out of it. But I will say, I am amazed how many of these So-Called High-Quality companies advertising on car forum sites, are really POS when it comes to the Quality of their products and how easily they will treat their customers like crap when they have a problem with the parts, they had sold them.

Let me tell you my little story, its long so grab a beer or soda.

1: Drake Rear Deck Lid

I bought a Drake Rear deck lid from CJ Pony Parts about six months ago. It was my first mod. The Lid was defective, piece of crap, poor manufacturing quality control. The Lid did not fit anywhere close to being flush and the camera would not even fit the camera hole. I called CJ Pony Parts numerous times sending them pictures (as they had requested) and Walla, I never heard back from them again. Then a Drake Employee contacted me through this forum and said send me the pictures and he said he would take care of it by replacing the panel. Then a week later he contacted me telling me his boss said I had to go through CJ Pony Parts which he knew I had already tried numerous times prior, what a Cop out, I will never buy another Drake Product again. I threw the lid in the trash and bought a Ford Performance Rear Deck Lid, and Walla, It fit just like OEM, no issue.

2: Cervinis GT500 Hood

In October, I bought a GT500 Fiberglass hood from Cervinis. I got the hood and the first thing the body shop person told me was, this hood is ridiculously heavy, but I said install it, for I like the way it looked. That hood in no way was made for my 2019 Mustang GT Premium, not even close. The upper ends of the hood where it meets the fender was molded back away from my fenders leaving large gaps. The passenger's side rear section was like a 1/4" higher than my OEM fender. The front of the Hood (when closed) had zero gap between the Front Bumper and the front of the hood and could not be adjusted back any further, they tried. My body shop guy who had been rebuilding, repairing cars for over 30 years and owns three shops in Indiana said this hood cannot be made to fit period. I contacted the Cervinis Customer Service Manager and he wanted to argue with me telling me my body shop didn’t know how to fit the hood correctly. What BS, this guy does not have a clue to what he is talking about or the product he is selling. I had to pay for the return shipping for he said there wasn’t anything wrong with the hood.

3: Anderson Composite Front Carbon Fiber Fenders delivered damaged. When I called Anderson Composite to let them know, the first thing he said was, we have to file a claim to pay for the damages. I sent them pictures of the shipping box showing them the damages were not from the shipping. He gave the usual speech about how careful they are when handling and packaging their parts, Bla, Bla, Bla, its not like that was the first time I had heard that spiel. I took the two CF fenders to a Composite shop who specializes in performance Composite manufacturing and repair. After they had inspected the fenders they came to the same conclusion as me, The damages in the fenders were stress induced most likely when pulling from the mold and one area had blunt force hit damage. Remember, the box was not damaged. I paid the $300 for the repairs which I though was very reasonable and gave them to my body shop to have them fitted and installed.

3: American Muscle, great people and great service, let me tell you why.

I ordered a MP GT350 Aluminum Hood. Had it shipped like the other parts right to my body shop. When the hood arrived, the box looked like it was run over by a tractor. They refused the hood. I contacted American Muscle and they Immediately send me another hood. It arrives in less than a week and had no damages to the box. Now the MP Hood did have some minor surface dents created most likely from the welding of the seems when manufactured. My body shop did not want to bondo so they had a dent-less repair come by to remove all of the small dents and make it all smooth.
**MY Front Bumper fits great, Vicrez.

I have to say. The body Shop Manger who I have been taking my cars to for years just shake our heads with the problems we had getting good quality parts. She said she wouldn't expect some of these issues on universal parts which on cost $200 but not from parts which cost $1000's of dollars. All aftermarket parts have to be fitted a little, but this was crazy. Now
So yes my Journey has been long the last 7 months, but I am almost done for now. I get my car back this week which will then allow me to complete my winter mods to it, IE; CF Steering wheel, Interior 100% CF Panels, and Suspension Upgrades, lowering springs ETC. I will send completion pictures when I pick the car up. Some of the pictures with the MP hood and Anderson Fenders were before final adjustment were made. The final adjustments have already been mase

Fun, Fun, Fun

Fender 1.jpg

IMG_20201118_124158171 (2).jpg

Passenger side fender hood.jpg

Cervinis GT500 Hood.jpg

Cervinis Hood 2.jpg

MP Hood 1.jpg

MP Hood 2.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
2020 is the first time in 20 years that I had decided to buy another sports car and mod the hell out of it. But I will say, I am amazed how many of these So-Called High-Quality companies advertising on car forum sites, are really POS when it comes to the Quality of their products and how easily they will treat their customers like crap when they have a problem with the parts, they had sold them.

Let me tell you my little story, its long so grab a beer or soda.

1: Drake Rear Deck Lid

I bought a Drake Rear deck lid from CJ Pony Parts about six months ago. It was my first mod. The Lid was defective, piece of crap, poor manufacturing quality control. The Lid did not fit anywhere close to being flush and the camera would not even fit the camera hole. I called CJ Pony Parts numerous times sending them pictures (as they had requested) and Walla, I never heard back from them again. Then a Drake Employee contacted me through this forum and said send me the pictures and he said he would take care of it by replacing the panel. Then a week later he contacted me telling me his boss said I had to go through CJ Pony Parts which he knew I had already tried numerous times prior, what a Cop out, I will never buy another Drake Product again. I threw the lid in the trash and bought a Ford Performance Rear Deck Lid, and Walla, It fit just like OEM, no issue.

2: Cervinis GT500 Hood

In October, I bought a GT500 Fiberglass hood from Cervinis. I got the hood and the first thing the body shop person told me was, this hood is ridiculously heavy, but I said install it, for I like the way it looked. That hood in no way was made for my 2019 Mustang GT Premium, not even close. The upper ends of the hood where it meets the fender was molded back away from my fenders leaving large gaps. The passenger's side rear section was like a 1/4" higher than my OEM fender. The front of the Hood (when closed) had zero gap between the Front Bumper and the front of the hood and could not be adjusted back any further, they tried. My body shop guy who had been rebuilding, repairing cars for over 30 years and owns three shops in Indiana said this hood cannot be made to fit period. I contacted the Cervinis Customer Service Manager and he wanted to argue with me telling me my body shop didn’t know how to fit the hood correctly. What BS, this guy does not have a clue to what he is talking about or the product he is selling. I had to pay for the return shipping for he said there wasn’t anything wrong with the hood.

3: Anderson Composite Front Carbon Fiber Fenders delivered damaged. When I called Anderson Composite to let them know, the first thing he said was, we have to file a claim to pay for the damages. I sent them pictures of the shipping box showing them the damages were not from the shipping. He gave the usual speech about how careful they are when handling and packaging their parts, Bla, Bla, Bla, its not like that was the first time I had heard that spiel. I took the two CF fenders to a Composite shop who specializes in performance Composite manufacturing and repair. After they had inspected the fenders they came to the same conclusion as me, The damages in the fenders were stress induced most likely when pulling from the mold and one area had blunt force hit damage. Remember, the box was not damaged. I paid the $300 for the repairs which I though was very reasonable and gave them to my body shop to have them fitted and installed.

3: American Muscle, great people and great service, let me tell you why.

I ordered a MP GT350 Aluminum Hood. Had it shipped like the other parts right to my body shop. When the hood arrived, the box looked like it was run over by a tractor. They refused the hood. I contacted American Muscle and they Immediately send me another hood. It arrives in less than a week and had no damages to the box. Now the MP Hood did have some minor surface dents created most likely from the welding of the seems when manufactured. My body shop did not want to bondo so they had a dent-less repair come by to remove all of the small dents and make it all smooth.
**MY Front Bumper fits great, Vicrez.

I have to say. The body Shop Manger who I have been taking my cars to for years just shake our heads with the problems we had getting good quality parts. She said she wouldn't expect some of these issues on universal parts which on cost $200 but not from parts which cost $1000's of dollars. All aftermarket parts have to be fitted a little, but this was crazy. Now
So yes my Journey has been long the last 7 months, but I am almost done for now. I get my car back this week which will then allow me to complete my winter mods to it, IE; CF Steering wheel, Interior 100% CF Panels, and Suspension Upgrades, lowering springs ETC. I will send completion pictures when I pick the car up. Some of the pictures with the MP hood and Anderson Fenders were before final adjustment were made. The final adjustments have already been mase

Fun, Fun, Fun

Fender 1.jpg

IMG_20201118_124158171 (2).jpg

Passenger side fender hood.jpg

Cervinis GT500 Hood.jpg

Cervinis Hood 2.jpg

MP Hood 1.jpg

MP Hood 2.jpg
There’s no way I would’ve kept those Anderson Composites fenders damaged. That’s why everything I buy I get through Lethal Performance. Lethal picks up the phone in minutes and has never given one problem. Look at how many power mods I have. Ive spent thousands with Lethal and intend to keep using them. Never one issue. Sometimes it’s worth going through a middle man I’ve noticed With car parts. Direct from the company is always an issue. Good luck. Looking forward to seeing that MP Concepts hood on the car finished.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
There’s no way I would’ve kept those Anderson Composites fenders damaged. That’s why everything I buy I get through Lethal Performance. Lethal picks up the phone in minutes and has never given one problem. Look at how many power mods I have. I've spent thousands with Lethal and intend to keep using them. Never one issue. Sometimes it’s worth going through a middle man I’ve noticed With car parts. Direct from the company is always an issue. Good luck. Looking forward to seeing that MP Concepts hood on the car finished.
Hi. I agree for I like LP and will buy my performance parts from them also. I would have bought my hood and fenders from LP but I felt the parts would arrive faster to my body shop straight from the manufacture themselves with less problems, "Absolutely" Huge Mistake. Live and Learn. Have Fun and thanks for the help.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Hi. I agree for I like LP and will buy my performance parts from them also. I would have bought my hood and fenders from LP but I felt the parts would arrive faster to my body shop straight from the manufacture themselves with less problems, "Absolutely" Huge Mistake. Live and Learn. Have Fun and thanks for the help.
When you buy from Lethal they are coming straight from the manufacturer.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I do know that, except the difference would be if I have a problem with a part I bought from a shop like AM or LP, the manufacture will bend over backwards to help make things right with a shop who buys high quantities of parts versus me a person who only buys one. It's a shame companies are treating customers like crap.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Yep, and Cervinis said when I placed my order through Lethal that it would ship the next week, so when a month passed by, I called Lethal to see what was going on. They sent me what Cervinis told them, which was, " due to unforeseen circumstances we cant ship the hood out until the middle of January."

I told Lethal I was ok with the wait, but thought their excuse was extremely funny and that if I told that to my customers, I wouldn't have any. I also told them that if Cervinis had the same excuse in January, I would go another route. Within a couple days of that exchange, my hood was shipped.

Sponsored

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Does the bottom need to be painted?
Yes, either with the black coat or paint, cant leave it as it comes

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Yes, either with the black coat or paint, cant leave it as it comes
I installed mine exactly as it came. It was pre-painted by Cervinis though. Not sure why you couldn’t leave the underside of the hood with the fiberglass gel coat as it comes though.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I installed mine exactly as it came. It was pre-painted by Cervinis though. Not sure why you couldn’t leave the underside of the hood with the fiberglass gel coat as it comes though.
Its not designed to be a "finish coat" so it will not hold up well without protection. Its also white, so that will definitely be an eye sore. You are spending a good amount of money on this hood, seems dumb to pinch a few pennies on the underside of the hood.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Is anyone installing hood pins on these hoods or do you feel they are needed? My car will see Mexico action and speeds over 160. I’ve never seen excessive hood flutter with my stock hood, but I don’t want to take a chance with an aftermarket fiberglass hood...

This is what I’d purchase.
https://www.quik-latch.com/QL-50-LP-Low-Profile_Quik-Latch-Hood-Pins.html
Sponsored