Cervini Cobra R hood installed.

WoodburnGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Needed a aftermarket hood to accommodate the Cobra Jet intake manifold going on the car next month. I really didn’t want to cut the stock hood or lower the engine with aftermarket mounts. This Cervini is made to clear the CJ, it looks like it gives about 2.5” or more of clearance. I ordered directly from Cervini, shipping was fast and it arrived well packaged and not damaged. Seems to be a well made quality hood. The hardest part is making the small adjustments to get alignment correct. I’ll have this wrapped the same color as car soon….you can order it already painted to match at a added cost of 500 to 600.

7273822F-D225-45C6-9D71-F836C71430F5.jpeg
Sponsored

OLD8BA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DAVE
Vehicle(s)
SHADOW BLACK GT
hi Mike did you hook up your screen washers and refit the seal
on mine the holes were off for seal and i did my washers a different way i also had mine painted before i fitted it and removed the ford performance struts and refitted cervini ones as instructed
love to see yours once wrapped
cheers Dave
ps, they end up costing about 3 times what you paid here in Australia also they dont pre paint them here
IMG20230203121725.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
WoodburnGT

WoodburnGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
hi Mike did you hook up your screen washers and refit the seal
on mine the holes were off for seal and i did my washers a different way i also had mine painted before i fitted it and removed the ford performance struts and refitted cervini ones as instructed
love to see yours once wrapped
cheers Dave
ps, they end up costing about 3 times what you paid here in Australia also they dont pre paint them here
IMG20230203121725.jpg
My GT is a dedicated 1/4 mile bracket car, never gets driven on the street, so I didn’t put the washer lines and rubber seal on the new hood. Your hood looks great!

OLD8BA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DAVE
Vehicle(s)
SHADOW BLACK GT
OH OK thanks for the compliment and quick reply
i wish you all the best with your racing;;
m,ine is just a street car but i own dedicated race (circuit race car) as well
cheers Dave
still love to see it once wrapped

Sponsored

OP
OP
WoodburnGT

WoodburnGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Do you know if a strut brace will fit with that hood?
Not sure, I only have hinges. I’m sure you could find out from the Cervini website.

RacingRoger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKZ, F-150 Lariat. Future: G6 Mustang GT
I had a Lincoln Mark VIII that I put an aftermarket cowl induction hood on. Looked pretty good, but the hood to fender gap was spot on on one side, but huge on the other. Kinda put me off of aftermarket hoods.
How well do the Cervini hoods fit the Mustang?

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I had a Lincoln Mark VIII that I put an aftermarket cowl induction hood on. Looked pretty good, but the hood to fender gap was spot on on one side, but huge on the other. Kinda put me off of aftermarket hoods.
If it is anything like the GT500 Cervini Hood on my '22 Mach1, they fit great. Also, they work perfect with hood struts, except that the GT500 with the rail/drip tray installed is a little heavy and wants to sag closed. Without the tray it works just like the stock hood.
IMG_4316.JPG

OP
OP
WoodburnGT

WoodburnGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Fit’s good, same gaps as stock hood if you take the time to properly adjust it.

Sponsored

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good. Always loved the Cobra R style cowls.. Def on my to do list someday for mine.

OLD8BA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DAVE
Vehicle(s)
SHADOW BLACK GT
i found fit and finish on mine was quiet good Zach at Cervini was excellent great help
i did fit the cervini struts they said to ONLY use those
i removed a new pair of ford performance to do that i dont want to clog this thread so if any Aussies are having trouble or need help fitting one just send me a msg i will try to assist
lhd cars may be different ??
Sponsored