Cervical ruptured disc anyone?

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Texas Back Institute. Plano, TX.
Fusion is not where it's at anymore.
Artificial disc replacement is now well proven.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Texas Back Institute. Plano, TX.
Fusion is not where it's at anymore.
Artificial disc replacement is now well proven.
This past week I had a CT scan to determine if I'm a candidate for replacement, then a consult with the surgeon. He said fusion is a rock solid well known option with over 50 years of history, but replacement theoretically puts less stress on the joints above and below, and allows greater range of motion. Said he'd lean 55/45 in favor of replacement. Told him let's do the replacement, waiting to hear back on a date for surgery. Not looking forward to a 3 month recovery but it needs to be done... the toothpaste is out of the tube (more like the jelly is out of the donut). Like a worn out strut that needs replaced - pain in the ass but done all the time and drives like new when it's finished.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
When all they need are name brand anti inflamitory percription - not generic junk LOL...wonder what his rebate or vacation credit is for pain killer scrips
...yea.
He had the name or rep around here as the 'pill' doctor.................. :sunglasses:

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Just got approval and confirmation of disc replacement surgery April 7. Can't wait but also terrified at the same time. Creepy to think about someone cutting into my neck from the front and shoving a metal and plastic thing into my spine!

Got the Mach 1 October 9 and only got to drive it a few weeks before winter.

Now just as driving season is set to open, I won't be able to drive till May. Ugh.

Don't get old, guys!

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Just got approval and confirmation of disc replacement surgery April 7. Can't wait but also terrified at the same time. Creepy to think about someone cutting into my neck from the front and shoving a metal and plastic thing into my spine!

Got the Mach 1 October 9 and only got to drive it a few weeks before winter.

Now just as driving season is set to open, I won't be able to drive till May. Ugh.

Don't get old, guys!
Best of Luck. My guess is that in less than three months after surgery you will be amazed at the new lease on life you will be experiencing. Do what your therapist says post op. No more, No less.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Surgery yesterday 8AM, one night in the hospital, home today around noon. No driving for at least 2 weeks. Hearing of a lot of people that do this outpatient, but I'm really glad they kept me overnight, was able to get IV meds and antibiotics, and they were able to get my vitals all under control. Pain's about a 5 out of 10, like muscle aches from working out, in the back of my neck and in front when I swallow. Surgeon said the disc was smashed into the nerve root just like the MRI showed - no more tingling today! At this point things have gone about the best as could be expected. Long road to 100% but the scary part is over.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Glad to hear it went well! Had an MRI done on my hip today hoping injections will relieve some pain.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Great to hear Mike! Feel free to PM me if you have any post op Q's.
Biggest question is, how to overcome the boredom! Second question is how the hell to put up with this horrible soft collar.

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Binge watch whatever floats your boat.
You're on your own with the brace. With my lumbar surgery I was only in a brace for a couple weeks.
Read your owner's manual again...
Sponsored