Ceramic defeats the Stinkbug!

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Background: I took delivery of the Mach 1 on 10/9/2021 and at 9 miles applied Carpro CQuartz UK 3.0. A couple weeks ago at just under 5,000 miles I applied another coat. No paint correction before either application.

This past weekend I took it to a car cruise on a rare warm and sunny October day in Pittsburgh. As I was enjoying the sunshine sitting near the car, a stinkbug landed on the trunk. He crawled towards the transition to the rear fender where the sheet metal starts to slope downwards and started to slide. He started scrabbling his legs but to no avail, and he gracefully slid to the edge and fell off the side into the grass. Those things seem to be to hang onto any vertical or even upside down surface, but apparently the CQuartz is hard and slick enough to defeat those sticky feet! I’m definitely a fan of results like this for around $100 and a couple days of sweat equity.

IMG_5372.jpeg

IMG_6171.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Background: I took delivery of the Mach 1 on 10/9/2021 and at 9 miles applied Carpro CQuartz UK 3.0. A couple weeks ago at just under 5,000 miles I applied another coat. No paint correction before either application.

This past weekend I took it to a car cruise on a rare warm and sunny October day in Pittsburgh. As I was enjoying the sunshine sitting near the car, a stinkbug landed on the trunk. He crawled towards the transition to the rear fender where the sheet metal starts to slope downwards and started to slide. He started scrabbling his legs but to no avail, and he gracefully slid to the edge and fell off the side into the grass. Those things seem to be to hang onto any vertical or even upside down surface, but apparently the CQuartz is hard and slick enough to defeat those sticky feet! I’m definitely a fan of results like this for around $100 and a couple days of sweat equity.

IMG_5372.jpeg

IMG_6171.jpeg
Mike, I think it’s hilarious that you analyzed the entire process. You’re just as sick as I am. :cwl:

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

IMG_5372.jpeg

IMG_6171.jpeg
Send that story to Carpro. You never know where it could lead.
Sponsored