Sponsored

Centrifugal supercharger

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Im thinking of forced induction for my 2018 stock MT82 28k miles and I’d like to ask which supercharger company is a better centrifugal supercharger manufacturer, vortech or procharger? And why? Also what upgrades will I need to do once I buy one of the kits (fuel system, or anything that might break due to power) and will my stock transmission hold or should I look into a Ben Calimer Stage 2 MT82
”which company is better” as far as what? Both products are good and if you buy through a middle man they’ll deal with any potential customer service issues. How much boost and fuel type will determine how much fuel upgrades you’ll need. Complete manufacturer street kits (or Beefcake Racing kits) come with larger injectors and fuel pump voltage booster (BAP). High boost/e85 will require new fuel system. Billet Oil pump gears are recommended for higher rpm’s/missed gear situations. My stock MT-82 handled 820 wheel with just a RST clutch upgrade. Nitto NT555R2 tires or better (Mickey Thompson Et Streets) are extremely recommended to safely put the power down. A centri and 3:31 or 3.15 gear will also aid in traction. Price and supercharged wait times should be considered as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP

juli72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julio
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
”which company is better” as far as what? Both products are good and if you buy through a middle man they’ll deal with any potential customer service issues. How much boost and fuel type will determine how much fuel upgrades you’ll need. Complete manufacturer street kits (or Beefcake Racing kits) come with larger injectors and fuel pump voltage booster (BAP). High boost/e85 will require new fuel system. Billet Oil pump gears are recommended for higher rpm’s/missed gear situations. My stock MT-82 handled 820 wheel with just a RST clutch upgrade. Nitto NT555R2 tires or better (Mickey Thompson Et Streets) are extremely recommended to safely put the power down. A centri and 3:31 or 3.15 gear will also aid in traction. Price and supercharged wait times should be considered as well.
Thank you, quick topic change, are the Mickey Thompson Et Streets as good as the MPS4S for wet weather and the power you get from forced induction? I’m in Florida so I’m looking for a summer tire (since it’s always summer here) that’s capable of good grip and is also really good for wet weather since it’s always raining here and the rain is somewhat on/off or unpredictable. What would you recommend in that case, keep in mind I also daily my car so maybe something with a little more thread life and not as soft of a tire (I realize you can’t have all three, [thread life, grip, wet grip] but I’m hoping there’s some option I haven’t looked into.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Thank you, quick topic change, are the Mickey Thompson Et Streets as good as the MPS4S for wet weather and the power you get from forced induction? I’m in Florida so I’m looking for a summer tire (since it’s always summer here) that’s capable of good grip and is also really good for wet weather since it’s always raining here and the rain is somewhat on/off or unpredictable. What would you recommend in that case, keep in mind I also daily my car so maybe something with a little more thread life and not as soft of a tire (I realize you can’t have all three, [thread life, grip, wet grip] but I’m hoping there’s some option I haven’t looked into.
Et streets are not for wet weather AT ALL. If you want a drag radial that is capable of rain driving you can get NT555RII's. They can be driven in the rain, and will be way better that MPS4S in dry conditions.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
your only option for a decent drag tire in the rain is Nitto NT555R2. The PS4S is only a great low power street tire. I run 555R2’s in Florida. Buy an extra set of matching rear wheels to run MT ET Street S/S or a 17” drag wheel for the R compound for ultimate traction when you know it’s not gonna rain. The S/S will fair better if you get caught but you don’t want to lol.

OP
OP

juli72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julio
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
your only option for a decent drag tire in the rain is Nitto NT555R2. The PS4S is only a great low power street tire. I run 555R2’s in Florida. Buy an extra set of matching rear wheels to run MT ET Street S/S or a 17” drag wheel for the R compound for ultimate traction when you know it’s not gonna rain. The S/S will fair better if you get caught but you don’t want to lol.
What are your thoughts on the NT555R2 305/35r20 for the rear and some 265 for the front? Or should I do a smaller wheel/rim size of the rear (I’d be using the NT’s as a daily and I could always just change out the rears to the Micky Thompson’s with a smaller wheel/rim size when I want to drag it, but I’d plan on buying MT’s later when I go through with forced induction

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
What are your thoughts on the NT555R2 305/35r20 for the rear and some 265 for the front? Or should I do a smaller wheel/rim size of the rear (I’d be using the NT’s as a daily and I could always just change out the rears to the Micky Thompson’s with a smaller wheel/rim size when I want to drag it, but I’d plan on buying MT’s later when I go through with forced induction
Only use the RII's for the rear. they are a drag radial, and shouldn't be used on the front.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
What should I go for in the front?
the matching tires for the front are Nitto G2's, but you can use others. I have Nitto Invo's on my fronts.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
the matching tires for the front are Nitto G2's, but you can use others. I have Nitto Invo's on my fronts.
Yup this. G2s have similar appearance and are meant to pair with the r2 as you don't need DR in the front. The MPS4s barely handle NA power level would never recommend on boost. As said, the 555r2 can hook power but handle dd duties and rain as well. As far as sizing it will depend on wheel size. I run 315 r2s in the rear on 11" wide wheels, and 285 g2s in front on 10" wide wheels.

OP
OP

juli72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julio
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yup this. G2s have similar appearance and are meant to pair with the r2 as you don't need DR in the front. The MPS4s barely handle NA power level would never recommend on boost. As said, the 555r2 can hook power but handle dd duties and rain as well. As far as sizing it will depend on wheel size. I run 315 r2s in the rear on 11" wide wheels, and 285 g2s in front on 10" wide wheels.
315? Are you lowered? I bought my car used and it’s lowered in springs and has spacers (I’m not sure how much it’s lowered or how big the spacers are) but right now I have the stock performance pack 1 wheels and there is barely a gap between my tire and the fender. [rear 275/40ZR19] [front 255/40ZR19] (I attached pictures so I can see the gap, please don’t mind the dirt I had just got out of a dirt lot where my father parks his trucks)

73E003A7-CA50-484C-8D15-DA451CDEF609.jpeg

7378A27D-899E-497C-B789-3CF6D17640C2.jpeg

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
315? Are you lowered? I bought my car used and it’s lowered in springs and has spacers (I’m not sure how much it’s lowered or how big the spacers are) but right now I have the stock performance pack 1 wheels and there is barely a gap between my tire and the fender. [rear 275/40ZR19] [front 255/40ZR19] (I attached pictures so I can see the gap, please don’t mind the dirt I had just got out of a dirt lot where my father parks his trucks)

I have a mild drop with the FP progressives that's about 1". Offset on the rear wheels is +50 and +35 on the front. No rub its all about getting correct specs. Keep in mind the pp1 wheels are boat anchors. If you swap those out and also ditch the spacers you will be dropping significant rotational weight and see performance increases. You can go wider and still drop a good amount of weight. Spacers also run the risk of shearing off bolts. While hubcentric spacers are a safer version it can still happen.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)

I had 325/30/19 on my car with drag springs. It was only lowered a half an inch, but it never came close to rubbing. Now I'm going with 315/50/17 drag radials, and I have to use spring spacers to get them to clear because the tires are 29.5" tall. Tire height is critical with clearance.

OP
OP

juli72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julio
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had 325/30/19 on my car with drag springs. It was only lowered a half an inch, but it never came close to rubbing. Now I'm going with 315/50/17 drag radials, and I have to use spring spacers to get them to clear because the tires are 29.5" tall. Tire height is critical with clearance.
So I'm set on the NT55R2's for the rear, but I've read people don't run them past like 30 PSI for optimal performance, I'm planning on getting 305/35r19 but the recommended range is 10"-12" for the 305 size and my rim depth is 9.5", I was also told that these tires run smaller for some reason and they will fit (couple of YT videos and forums) but I'm scared it might come off if I run it at 30PSI, thoughts?

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Interesting.
I have the R2s and felt that they actually fit bigger than comparable tires of the same size.
I run mine at 25 psi cold on the street.

OP
OP

juli72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julio
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Interesting.
I have the R2s and felt that they actually fit bigger than comparable tires of the same size.
I run mine at 25 psi cold on the street.
What’s the depth of your rim though? And the size of the tire?
Sponsored