Centrifugal owners chime in pleass

RapidRed904

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keana
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Currently have a vmp odin on a 69mm pulley, no crank support released yet so I’m kind of stuck. I love the low end torque but lately I’ve been thinking about parting ways with it and going with a D1X or an ESS G3 but I’d like some information from people who have any of these setups. How do you feel about the lack of torque? How’s the linear power feel? Got any 60-130’s on e85?
Sponsored

ToughSpecs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Edge
I’ve got a Gen 2 with Paxton 2200 running a 3.7” pulley. Lack of low end torque isn’t really a major issue for me. It makes it extremely easy to drive on a daily basis without worrying about rain. I owned a ‘08 GT500 with a 2.3 TVS and this is much easier to drive around normally than that was.

OP
OP
RapidRed904

RapidRed904

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keana
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I’ve got a Gen 2 with Paxton 2200 running a 3.7” pulley. Lack of low end torque isn’t really a major issue for me. It makes it extremely easy to drive on a daily basis without worrying about rain. I owned a ‘08 GT500 with a 2.3 TVS and this is much easier to drive around normally than that was.
Ive heard good things about them paxton and vortech setups, I like that they ride on the inner belt so less stress on the crank but that’s why i’m mainly considering procharger so I can run their crank support and really max it out. It’s either centri route or twins but i like the easiness and reliability of superchargers.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Centri's don't reduce low end torque. With the right tune/tuner, the low end is better than stock. Then you have that awesome mid-range, with a top-end that never quits pulling taking advantage of the massive air flow of the Gen3 heads.

D1X is a beast, P1X seems like it was made for a street driven Coyote. I have no doubt the Paxton/Vortech option would be no less thrilling, just like the Pro-C or ESS.

OP
OP
RapidRed904

RapidRed904

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keana
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Centri's don't reduce low end torque. With the right tune/tuner, the low end is better than stock. Then you have that awesome mid-range, with a top-end that never quits pulling taking advantage of the massive air flow of the Gen3 heads.

D1X is a beast, P1X seems like it was made for a street driven Coyote. I have no doubt the Paxton/Vortech option would be no less thrilling, just like the Pro-C or ESS.
Id be purely going procharger for the factor of crank support. My odin blower setup is currently stuck where it is due to no crank support, I’m not trying to risk running an OD without it. Id imagine a p1x or d1x paired with a 10 speed has to do good though since it lives in the peak power/torque

Sponsored

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Is an off the shelf crank support worth $6 to $7k?

You could have a custom one built for less than swapping setups. Could start with MFP kit and have fab shop modify as needed to fit your build.

If stress on the snout was your concern and your aiming for the moon on boost, why not turbos or if really going for it crank drive, cog drive, race drive etc PC.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RapidRed904

RapidRed904

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keana
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt

You could have a custom one built for less than swapping setups. Could start with MFP kit and have fab shop modify as needed to fit your build.

If stress on the snout was your concern and your aiming for the moon on boost, why not turbos or if really going for it crank driven PC.
The biggest thing is I’m trying to get away from the PD blower. Quite bored of it. Turbos are expensive as hell for the setup I’d like and d1x seems like a nice inbetween along with a crank support option. Im simply trying to get input on how it performs. Already know how TT 10 speeds do.

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The biggest thing is I’m trying to get away from the PD blower. Quite bored of it. Turbos are expensive as hell for the setup I’d like and d1x seems like a nice inbetween along with a crank support option. Im simply trying to get input on how it performs. Already know how TT 10 speeds do.
Not something most would say with a tvs typically!
What's the 2.65 rotor pack putting out psi wise on the 69mm?

If ur shooting for same peak the centris wil run harder and have less noticable tq drop down low when pulleyed down vs the run of the mill entry centri kits. Might want someone making similar power as you for comparison.

OP
OP
RapidRed904

RapidRed904

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keana
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Not something most would say with a tvs typically!
What's the 2.65 rotor pack putting out psi wise on the 69mm?

If ur shooting for same peak the centris wil run harder and have less noticable tq drop down low when pulleyed down vs the run of the mill entry centri kits. Might want someone making similar power as you for comparison.
I’m seeing 19 psi peak boost on the 69mm. Unfortunately in my area there isn’t any procharged 10 speeds to base off of. I know my car does 4.8-4.9 60-130 and a 4.9 100-150 on the 69mm. Now realistically twin turbo would be the ideal setup but for the price point of them and the upkeep I still want to say prochargers are a decent alternative.

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I’m seeing 19 psi peak boost on the 69mm. Unfortunately in my area there isn’t any procharged 10 speeds to base off of. I know my car does 4.8-4.9 60-130 and a 4.9 100-150 on the 69mm. Now realistically twin turbo would be the ideal setup but for the price point of them and the upkeep I still want to say prochargers are a decent alternative.
dang man, you are going to jail if they ever catch in the middle of a pull on some back roads!

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox

If stress on the snout was your concern and your aiming for the moon on boost, why not turbos or if really going for it crank driven PC.
Tell me more about the crank driven PC.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
What does that equate to in quarter mile times/mph. Im not up to speed on my ricer times.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I ran a D1 on my 03 Mach, and after the issue of having to relocate the MA from the bottom to the top the car ran like a beast.

Daily driving was like stock until you put the foot down, then first and second were pretty much useless.

If I decide to go with a supercharger on my ordered Mach, Procharger will be one of the first places I go.

OP
OP
RapidRed904

RapidRed904

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keana
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
What does that equate to in quarter mile times/mph. Im not up to speed on my ricer times.
Didn’t realize using a draggy was considered “ricer” a 4.9 is typically seen in a 9.2-9.3 pass.
Sponsored