?? Centri Owners Who DID-NOT do OPG/CS

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Hmm. Wanting to pull the trigger on the vortech beefcake special.car has full steeda suspension. Daily driven (5000 miles a year prob less). Been out of game for 2 years. Whom do ya suggest for tuning? Device? Only other mod would be cat deletes. Its the bcs or ford performance suprcharger.
@Wengerd Performance
Sponsored

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
3 years. 30k miles procharged @14-16lbs. Tons of track passes and no OPGs. No failures with the power plant except the drivetrain. Broken axles and trans. Went BC3 and upgraded axles. However I will be doing upgrades to engine starting with head studs and since it’s already torn apart I might as well throw the OPGs in that’s been sitting on the shelf for about a year now. Just been too lazy to do it. Will probably send off the head unit to get a refresh too while I’m at it.
Just wondering, do you get random Oil Analysis done on your engine oil? Thanks

Keo_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT Premium Ignot Silver
Just wondering, do you get random Oil Analysis done on your engine oil? Thanks
I did one mid last year after having it for almost two years and the results were within the running averages of other cars. Little to no traces of chromium and aluminum in the oil.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Really? On the site it’s $699 for the tune and $299 for the RTD. Did you ask for anything extra or?
Rtd tune device plus 4 credits.$499. Tune: $699

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
PBD $650 for tune + device

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, M/T
Garage queen won't ever have any issues. At the dragstrip every weekend, you will have issues. Where are you at? By asking the questions you did, I assume you are trying to justify not doing these mods. There's nothing wrong with a reactive approach I suppose. If it breaks, fix it.
If the OPG goes, the engine is most likely toast

Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
A lot of our customers are grudge guys, beating on the motor a bit, daily. Almost everyone of the guys that didnt replace the OPG's broke them but along with other things. A lot of our customers arent on social media which stinks cause that would help spread some useful knowledge and allow us to share their builds. I hear people talking about not upgrading shafts cause they're not running from a dig, most of our customers break their shafts roll racing, we've had stock guys break a shaft, they're weak.

As for OPG's, to tell someone to have engine money on the side in case they break... thats exactly why we suggest getting OPG's. 1200 dollars tends to be much less than 8k and up for a motor and those that typically replace the motor end up building it so now you're looking at even more. Just my thoughts, end of the day its your car and your money.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
A lot of our customers are grudge guys, beating on the motor a bit, daily. Almost everyone of the guys that didnt replace the OPG's broke them but along with other things. A lot of our customers arent on social media which stinks cause that would help spread some useful knowledge and allow us to share their builds. I hear people talking about not upgrading shafts cause they're not running from a dig, most of our customers break their shafts roll racing, we've had stock guys break a shaft, they're weak.

As for OPG's, to tell someone to have engine money on the side in case they break... thats exactly why we suggest getting OPG's. 1200 dollars tends to be much less than 8k and up for a motor and those that typically replace the motor end up building it so now you're looking at even more. Just my thoughts, end of the day its your car and your money.
You say "shafts", is that half shafts or drive shaft? Or both? And it's no-where near a $1200 job if it's a second car and you are mechanicly inclined at all. This stuff isn't rocket science.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
You say "shafts", is that half shafts or drive shaft? Or both? And it's no-where near a $1200 job if it's a second car and you are mechanicly inclined at all. This stuff isn't rocket science.
half shafts, and you’re absolutely correct on it not being a 1200 job if you can do it yourself.