?? Centri Owners Who DID-NOT do OPG/CS

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
They break sometimes, that's proven. If yours break, your wallet will be screaming!
I'd like to know who made them for Ford Performance. If enough interest maybe they will make them under their own name.
Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I'd like to know who made them for Ford Performance. If enough interest maybe they will make them under their own name.
Hard to say. I know that I have pulled low mileage Boundary and MMR gears come out of good engines, both looked bad with major scarring. I have also pulled, Cobrajet and Accufab gears with low mileage and both looked perfect. All were boosted and 3 sets were mine, and paid for by me. Last set was the MMR, was owned and paid for by a friend of mine. MMR removed from engine by he and I.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I read somewhere that TSS made the FP gears but I can not confirm. I really really wish FP would pick them up again.

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
You can do this yourself, really easy.
I'm a mechanic and wouldn't call doing opg and crank sprocket easy. An oil change is easy, spark plug, easy. Tearing the front of your engine down then retiming it is a little work. Requires a good amount of time and many things can be done wrong. I've also only done it once so someone that does 5 times a week might call it easy.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I'm a mechanic and wouldn't call doing opg and crank sprocket easy. An oil change is easy, spark plug, easy. Tearing the front of your engine down then retiming it is a little work. Requires a good amount of time and many things can be done wrong. I've also only done it once so someone that does 5 times a week might call it easy.
Follow the instructions step by step and done. Just like baking a cake!

Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Last edited:

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
What coincidence are you referring to?
I believe he's making an argument that TSS likely made the FP gears due to the similarities in price.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I believe he's making an argument that TSS likely made the FP gears due to the similarities in price.
That doesn't make much sense. That's like assuming one tire manufacturer makes all tires cause they are all made of rubber and round. LOL

Now if there was some real data behind that assumption such as RC measurement, surface finish comparison etc I could see it. But the two products simply being $10 apart in price is baseless.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
@80FoxCoupe I am not saying for sure that TSS is/was the one that made the FP. A few of us heard that rumor. But only a manufacturer would price their products higher than their distributor. It doesnt make sense for a distributor to have a higher price than the manufacturer.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
@80FoxCoupe I am not saying for sure that TSS is/was the one that made the FP. A few of us heard that rumor. But only a manufacturer would price their products higher than their distributor. It doesnt make sense for a distributor to have a higher price than the manufacturer.
Understood, but basing that assumption on pricing with no data about the product is a bit optimistic.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1