First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
2 Questions:

1)Any Member installed this Flywheel and Clutch setup? Thoughts
https://www.centerforce.com/product/sst-412235718-0001

2)General Dual Mass to Single Mass FLywheel: i'm sensitive to adding a single mass flywheel if it going to add noticeable NVH to the car. Have people noticed a difference regardless of clutch setup

Background:

I have 19' with what i think is a damaged dual mass flywheel, will know once i take out the transmission. How are members feeling about additional NVH when they are going away from the Dual Mass Flywheel? Currently I'm getting bad vibrations thru the whole car at higher revs, after a High Rev miss shift into 3rd. since the vibrations are so bad i had to remove the whiteline trany mount, i'm sensitive to adding a single mass flywheel if it going to add noticeable NVH to the car.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1996 Mustang GT
We have the same style of clutch as this Centerforce you are interested in.

The NVH you pick up with our clutch is minimal as there is still pieces of the clutch absorbing the vibrations from losing the SMF.

You will notice it in lower RPM's as the discs rattle against the floater plate but once you are cruising and have your speed up it reacts/feels/sounds more oem than expected. Harmonics even out for a much more even sound and feel.

So if you are okay with some lower RPM noises and gaining higher RPM control then a clutch like there's and ours would be the perfect way to go for a mild built to FBO car!

OP
OP
nrm101

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
We have the same style of clutch as this Centerforce you are interested in.

The NVH you pick up with our clutch is minimal as there is still pieces of the clutch absorbing the vibrations from losing the SMF.

You will notice it in lower RPM's as the discs rattle against the floater plate but once you are cruising and have your speed up it reacts/feels/sounds more oem than expected. Harmonics even out for a much more even sound and feel.

So if you are okay with some lower RPM noises and gaining higher RPM control then a clutch like there's and ours would be the perfect way to go for a mild built to FBO car!
Thanks i'll check them out!

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1996 Mustang GT
No problem!

While you are at it, check our product out as well.

We have a really solid twin to work with that is at a great price! Think it's worth the look.

www.facebook.com/vengeanceclutch

Have a great day!
Sponsored