Sponsored

Caution: UPR Grabber Blue 5.0 Fender color match emblem

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
UPR color matches emblems shown for the front grill and rear deck lid looks like proper grabber blue in the photos however I never seen anyone with the 5.0 fender emblems so after asking for a picture to be sent to me but that was possible, I ventured to spend the money on it. Shipping took an extra day then expected which in that time I decided to remove my factory emblems, first rookie mistake and then receive the emblems the following day and the color match is complete trash. They do make great suspension products though.
8D08F10C-2EF2-4B21-BB43-27F26C577D05.jpeg
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
find your local paint supply house that supplies all the local dealers and body shops, take your car there and have them use their color match gun and make up a pint of paint and put it in a rattle can. Get your self a rattle can of clear too and respray the fender badges. It may cost you about 60 bucks for both, but it will be a lot cheaper than having a body shop repaint them and by doing them yourself, you stand a lot better chance of them matching.

OP
OP

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Kinda defeats the purpose of spending near $60 on them to begin with, I would’ve left the factory ones on. Just hate the emblems and of course there’s guide holes behind them. Almost tempted to complete a return and have the fender holes filled pending the price since I can’t find V6 or Ecoboost matching fenders

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Id open it up and hold it in the actual location where it would go and check. My oxford white ones looked off a lil but they were good after checking

OP
OP

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Moment I opened the package, it was clearly obvious. I contacted CJ ponyparts which displays a bright grabber blue option and then I was told by them that the stock photo was not the actual product and they sell UPR emblems but don’t list it as such. My guess UPR took a couple Emblems, had them Painted locally in a proper Grabber Blue For photographs and then had someone in China outsource a painted version and the batch sucks. I contacted UPR today with photos and they said all the ones they have are a darker color as mine is so they’re offering to do a return and refund. I will probably get a set of OEM matte black to be full painted so I don’t have to worry about the square sticker area either. Two body shops quoted me $200 just to do the emblems. Crazy

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Just do the rattle can tip I told you about on the black ones. ~60 is a lot cheaper than 200

OP
OP

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Got a link to OEM rattle can?

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
No, sorry. Just find out who supplies all the body shops in your area and take your car there. They have a high resolution camera that takes a picture and then the software will decipher that photo and come up with a formula that will be an exact match to what ever you bring them. This will get you a lot closer match than just using the published formula especially on a car that has been sun faded. Also tell them what it is going on is plastic and they will mix in some adhesion promoter so the paint will flex with the plastic and not peel. Last time I had some made it was about 8 years ago and it cost me 20 bucks and another 20 for a can of clear, so I'm guessing about 30 each today.

just google automotive paint and supplies Orlando FL and choose one close to you.

OP
OP

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I did a search, even called local ford dealers and was told they will not paint anything and then their collision centers will not do it either because there’s no “collision” repair. Should get a rapid blue C8 and call it a day.
Sponsored