Catback that won’t wake the neighbors

XakwardX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt magnetic grey
Looking into a catback for my 21. I’ve been looking at the awe touring,solo performance Mach,mangnaflow, and thermal r&d. Feel like I’ve watched every exhust video on YouTube and can’t decide. I’d like to keep the stock catback in one piece in case I need it again.
Sponsored

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
Borla or ford performance catback with resonator (had it, not loud, A+)
Magnaflow street (had it, it drones)
Awe and corsa don’t drone but they are still loud

Also, in person/driving sounds completely different than internet. Also peoples judgements and opinions are all over the place. Try to listen in person before purchase.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Everything for the 18 up is loud. I went borla s type because everyone seems to think it's one of the best quiet options. It's loud AF. Add the resonator and it's sounded good and can't be heard from 5 blocks away.

Not2Day

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang gt
I did Corsa double h pipe with stock catback and it sounds just right.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
They all wake the neighbors unfortunately. If you want one that doesn't you need an active valved version of whatever you choose to buy. Cold starts on these cars are stupid lol

Sponsored

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
They all wake the neighbors unfortunately. If you want one that doesn't you need an active valved version of whatever you choose to buy. Cold starts on these cars are stupid lol
I went with Active S-type. (No additional Borla resonator, yet…) Understand, cold start is loud, active or not. The active valves start open when cold irrespective, but after about 30-45 sec as the cats warm up the valves close to what you had set And it’s nearly as quiet as standard. (I have it in Quiet start and leave it in quiet until I leave the neighborhood)

Driving around in quiet mode is not loud at all all, and not too much different from standard Cat back. Feathering the gas makes a huge difference. Maybe I’ll put the high flow resonator on after the headers go on, but we'll see.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Borla Touring. Quietest out there when you're not on the throttle much.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
depends on how loud you want and the sound your going for, awe toruing is nice, all the ones you mentioned are, corsa sport as well

i have about 100 systems in stock of all brands right now

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
varex variable. Quiet as stock when closed and they stay in whatever position you set them until you manually click to open or close them. .

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Looking into a catback for my 21. I’ve been looking at the awe touring,solo performance Mach,mangnaflow, and thermal r&d. Feel like I’ve watched every exhust video on YouTube and can’t decide. I’d like to keep the stock catback in one piece in case I need it again.
Awe Touring, Ford Performance, Borla S type, and Magnaflow are all great catbacks which won't wake the neighbors. Give us a call to discuss your options and mention our Halloween sale when you call! https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...-2017-mustang-gt-catback-exhaust-systems-s550

Sponsored

TXGTPig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've got a Roush Cat Back on my '18. Cold start is "loud", however after the initial 20-30 seconds it gets pretty quiet. It is also pretty quiet under tame throttle, so no worries about it being loud as you drive through the neighborhood.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
My vote is Borla Touring catback. I had loud and rowdy on my previous mustang. Got sick of it and so did my neighbors I think.... This Borla Touring is PERFECT. Just loud enough, but not turning heads loud. Absolutely love it and I get compliments on it all the time.

AMC401V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2000 Excursion - 1987 Swift DB2
The AWE TOURING is LOUD. I simply cannot imagine what their RACE exhaust sounds like. I have it on my car and it wakes the neighbors. Don't get me wrong, I love the tone and volume. I'm simply saying that it's quite loud.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
You could get electric cutouts and just keep the stock exhaust for cold starts

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
The AWE TOURING is LOUD. I simply cannot imagine what their RACE exhaust sounds like. I have it on my car and it wakes the neighbors. Don't get me wrong, I love the tone and volume. I'm simply saying that it's quite loud.
Race loses its tone and drones. But am a fan of their Touring. But yes can be loud especially if pairing with long tubes lol.

S type with resonator is pretty mild. But since quiet is the goal may want to consider sticking with an axle back and keeping stock suit case. Catback will drop some weight but you're ultimately paying for the sound so if quiet is key maybe consider the AB route.
Sponsored