Sponsored

CatBack or X-pipe for Active Exhaust GT

Halvaroth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT
I am a new owner of a 2021 Mustang GT (Traded in my old 2018 Ecoboost in this market for a profit). I was wondering if I should get a X-pipe or just a full catback system for my car. My car comes with Active Exhaust, and I was wondering how the active exhaust compatible mufflers compare with those that don't support active exhaust. At times quite mode can be helpful, so I'd like to preserve that feature. I was thinking of getting a full catback system just so they wouldn't need to cut any parts out, and I'm not sure how much adding an x-pipe would effect drone. What did you guys do? Are the catback systems compatible with active exhaust any louder than the non active exhaust variants?
Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
X pipe 100%…… Save your money for other stuff.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
X-pipe with long tube headers is even better. Couple those with an E85 tune and your GT will see a huge increase in power. I went this route (catted LT headers) and retained my factory active exhaust and it sounds great! No need to spend money on a cat back. Here’s a pic after I cut out the factory resonator. I used a ratchet cutting tool from Eastwood to make clean precise cuts.
B1AE9480-49AD-42FF-AD08-F6478600C255.jpeg

Last edited:

Stangygt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang gt pp1
I am a new owner of a 2021 Mustang GT (Traded in my old 2018 Ecoboost in this market for a profit). I was wondering if I should get a X-pipe or just a full catback system for my car. My car comes with Active Exhaust, and I was wondering how the active exhaust compatible mufflers compare with those that don't support active exhaust. At times quite mode can be helpful, so I'd like to preserve that feature. I was thinking of getting a full catback system just so they wouldn't need to cut any parts out, and I'm not sure how much adding an x-pipe would effect drone. What did you guys do? Are the catback systems compatible with active exhaust any louder than the non active exhaust variants?
You want the full effect and legit look underneath and you want to spend that top dollar for quality , ,,, corsa catback exhaust with an x or h pipe ( x pipe sound more like a race car , h pipe more mono tone but raspy with corsa ! ) ...........
Or get the same sound with steeda axel back and Ford x pipe !

Now if your talking warranty ! The Ford x pipe is 1 year ( as I remember ) it’s 300 plus labor 535$ Total and you will get the 1 year on it buying the Ford performance x pipe ! I don’t know the warranty for roush but your have that option too ! The axel back exhaust from Ford performance/ roush would be another 1 year warranty ! Okay ....now if you change it with out Ford ! You will have no warranty with Ford, if it throws a code and you take it through Ford and it’s related to your axel back ? then it’s on you, they will not touch custom exhaust ! That warranty is out !
Another Note ! If the police pull you over for “modified exhaust “ and your exhaust was done by Ford legally ! Then It’s not a modified exhaust , it’s considered to be stock ! Fyi all your guys who keep getting those tickets and you know your in the right

Stangygt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang gt pp1
I would wait 60k miles just to see if you have any problems if your under warranty , 15 k get an x pipe ! The active exhaust warranty gives out at 60 k miles after that it’s 1k to fix! Just one actuator! You have two ! That 2k in the drain ! That’s when you get the axel back at your own shop ! $500 bucks for top axel back .

Last edited:

Sponsored

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I have a 2020 Mustang GT, automatic with active exhaust. I went the route of removing the resonator with the Ford Performance X-pipe to keep everything under warranty. I agree with Jay (Stangygt). If you keep everything Ford, and something goes wrong with the active exhaust, Ford will fix it under warranty.
As for the sound with the X-pipe, it will be about 25% louder than the active exhaust. It has a raspier sound at higher rpms, sounders deeper at low and mid rpms. Hope this helps.

RKRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT MT82 PP1 301A AE MR
I went H pipe for my active exhaust. Gets you all the volume you want and quiet mode is still quiet.

Consider the H pipe over X pipe, sounds cleaner, subjectively better.
Sponsored