12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering if anyone can help me out - I'm coming home to NZ at the start of 2018 and am bringing the GT with me. I'm a bit concerned, however, that the Magnflow Street catback that I've fitted will make it hard to get compliance when I bring the car in. It's Magnaflow's quietest system, but I wouldn't call it 'quiet' and I suspect its louder than 90dB.

Has anyone had any experience with WOFs or compliance with a catback fitted?

Cheers!
Sponsored

NZmuzzy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The only experience I have had in bring in vehicles is with Motorcycles. However it is sort of a case of bring in and prepare. Yes your car will neede compliance testing when you arrive so just let them check it and they'll reject what they want. If you still have the OEM set up then throw that in the car to start with. If they just require you to get a WOF check around for a noise friendly testing station. Thats all I've got.

DerekSmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
GT 6MT, Falcon FGX XR6 Ute & Focus ST
I would put it back to stock to get it through compliance and WOF then sort it out when its on the road, getting a WOF wont be an issue with aftermarket exhaust, but getting compliance on import might be. compliance is an ugly process, they can take a lot of trim out to get to seat belt anchor points and if they are rough it never goes back together well so make sure your super anal with selecting your choice of compliance people

OP
OP
12baller12

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
I would put it back to stock to get it through compliance and WOF then sort it out when its on the road, getting a WOF wont be an issue with aftermarket exhaust, but getting compliance on import might be. compliance is an ugly process, they can take a lot of trim out to get to seat belt anchor points and if they are rough it never goes back together well so make sure your super anal with selecting your choice of compliance people
Yeah I've heard that about compliance centres. I was thinking I would probably have to bite the bullet and put the stock system back on, its just that it's such a pain in the bum given how heavy and cumbersome it is!

Part of me would love to 'donate' it to Australia as a parting gift when I leave
Sponsored