Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
NEO
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Are there any users that have performed a cat delete on an S550?
If so, was it worth having them removed? Are the fumes bad? How much louder is it?

I currently have a MBRP muffler delete axle back installed along with a resonator delete x-pipe and I love the sound.
I just can't help but wonder if deleting the cats would make it sound even better.

Any advice is appreciated.
Sponsored

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
subd

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
There are many who have. Yes it's quite a lot louder and also much more raspy/unrefined. In the ballpark of replacing the resonator with an X-pipe increase in volume. Yes it smells quite a lot.

With your current setup it'll just be noise; no tonal control at all. I'd recommend adding resonators somewhere in the system if you go ahead with it.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
I have a lethal X pipe and Roush axle back Im about to put MAK cat deletes on mine too.

i realize itll get much louder but I will be doing a CJ IM on E85 by the end of May too every bit helps on a NA setup.

HP 1st No cares on sound 2nd.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
In the process of getting resonators welded in soon. The fumes, drone and rasp are HORRIBLE in my car at the moment. :mad:

SW Long Tubes
Magnaflow Catback

No Resonators
No Cats

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I have Cat deletes on my Stainlessworks H pipe exhaust.

I love the way it sounds, it is very loud and gives a more "rough/choppy" sound. When I did the cat deletes I also welded in two Vibrant resonators to help control the rasp. Since the Stainlessworks is a very non-raspy exhaust to begin with, so it is not bad at all especially with the resonators added. If you're worried about keeping quiet around the neighborhood though it can be challenging.

I've had people verify they can smell the exhaust when driving behind me. Only time I smell it is idling with the windows down if the wind is blowing the right way.

I noticed the car felt like it revved out a little easier up top, supposedly they can add 20-30hp.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Ohh Im sure Ill need resonators too but havnt really decided or looked into which ones to order or maybe just a resonated x pipe instead.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I got rid of my cats about a month ago. I also have an x-pipe and Roush axle-backs..., and the sound is enough to summon the Gods of War.

It is obnoxious. I will be welding in some resonators or going with a MagnaFlow resonated x-pipe because the car is ridiculous.

I am also running a Flex/E85 tune from LUND, and they were able to tone down the cold-start significantly, which before Brandon at LUND was able to make this tuning adjustment at my request, the cold-start was NASCARish loud. I'm not kidding.

As far as the smell goes, neither the Flex tune or the cat delete did anything to change the way the car smells when running/driving/idling. At least not that I am noticing.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I just went through installing catless headers and adding the cats back in quickly. The smell is really bad. Some people might not mind it but I can't do it. The high flow cats still have a bit of a smell but I would never remove them again.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we have full header systems starting at 699!!!! including the offroad leads

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I just went through installing catless headers and adding the cats back in quickly. The smell is really bad. Some people might not mind it but I can't do it. The high flow cats still have a bit of a smell but I would never remove them again.
Yup, for a daily driver....need the cats meow.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

+1 for the high flow cats. A hint of gas smell, but nothing too bad.

No cats = headaches and sickness after awhile(for me at least)

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
I'd just go with a set of longtubes. You'll benefit from them much more then just a cat delete. Give us a shout if you have any questions. We're running the Kooks 1-7/8" setup on our car and put down 476rwhp through our A10 car with an E85 tune from Lund Racing.

We've got several other options for you so let us know how we can help you.

Thanks, Jared

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
For those that say catless smells alot, have you gone back to the tuner to ask about what sort of cam timing you got going on?

I say this because I know valve timing and overlap have alot to do with smell. Back in my LSx days, running catless with a stock cam that had negative overlap didn't smell at all, but toss in a donkey dick cam with 25* of overlap and it stunk.

I wonder if making some adjustments in the valve timing to minimize overlap at idle and light throttle will help with the smell. I assume these tunes are setup for max effort thus probably have lot of overlap tuned in most of the time.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
To me the smell is only noticeable at idle with the windows down. It's really not that bad to me, but you can smell it. To each their own.

I've heard that catless on E85 smells like popcorn lol.
Sponsored