Carwash ok for S550?

Jerry Carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2021 California Special Black exterior
Just wondering if the car would get through a touchless wash unharmed. Anyone have experience with the idea? Not that I want to do this, but I am curious....
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Just wondering if the car would get through a touchless wash unharmed. Anyone have experience with the idea? Not that I want to do this, but I am curious....
I take mine through a touch less once in a while between my home wash. I have 289 front and 325 rear tires.no issue.
IMG_20210913_193926368.jpg
IMG_20210913_193846234.jpg
IMG_20210913_193900726.jpg

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Yes, why wouldn't it be ? I took mine through it in the past in the winter since I couldn't hand wash it on the driveway.

wadewolf76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang coupe, 21 Twister Orange GT premium
Check with the wash for max tire width they allow if you have after market wider tires and wheels If not you should be able to go through just fine stock.

Sponsored

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
I go to a touchless /laser wash about every month. It doesn't have tracks, the wash arms rotate around the car. Most of the water gets blown off by the fans, and I use a wax and dry product-usually Chemical Guys, or Griots. I'm guessing such products are like a detailer with wax in it. I use waterless wash or detailer between.
It gets compliments at Cars & Coffee for the finish, esp being a daily driver. I can't show off a lot of mods, but I can show a clean DD.

Mustang at Ford vs Ferrari.jpg

Leaving C&C
Mustang at Shelby 2 22.jpg

Mustang Front.jpg

mustang engine 2a.jpg

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
Due to EPA requirements many car wash facilities are fitted with water reclamation/recycling units. I have found that the car wash water leaves water spots. My garage is set up for washing and detailing etc. It sounds fancy but it really isn't.

Cpcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 6MT
Doesn't get the job done if you're car is filthy

I almost always regret it because I have to hand wash it for it to truly be clean.

I only do it when my weekend is truly limited in time

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Nothing beats a good hand job wash. :giggle:

But to answer the original question, nothing wrong with using a touchless wash once in a while for a quick cleaning when you can't hand wash. Avoid the ones on tracks though.

Sponsored

LaMustang62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, Motorcycle
It might fit but the high pressure wash could cause dirt to harm the finish. Not a fan of these anymore. Nice hand wash with plenty of soapy lubrication to lift dirt not push it

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I drive in any weather so sometimes my car gets unbearably dirty. I'll run it through the local touchless car wash just to knock the bulk of the crud off the car and then wash it by hand as soon as I get home.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jerry Carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2021 California Special Black exterior
Thanks guys, helpful advice. The road dust/dirt where I live is like diamond dust due to a sandy gravel base. It must be hosed or blasted off first to avoid swirl marks and scratches before performing the normal wash steps.
Sponsored