Sponsored

Carroll Shelby Wheel Company CS-5s

ejm4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 5.0
I have a like new set of CS5's for sale in PA if anyone is looking. OEM Ford TPMS included!
Sponsored

Pureiron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
The CS 5 has hit all my expectations and some. First of all I went from a 20 inch wheel setup which was very harsh and I really did not like the look of the giant 305/35/20 rear tire 28.4 tall. Moving to 19s the ride is so much better. All the harshness is gone. Went with Nitto G2 285/35/19 fronts and Nitto 555R2 305/35/19 rears. Love the look and traction with the stage 2 whipple kit thats on the car. Car is lowered with BMR Performance springs.

Need to thank the Discount Tire Direct rep on this site. He got me the tires for a great price and very reasonable shipping to Maui. Mahalo my friend.

My only question is the torque setting. Paperwork says 85-95 but we all know ford says 150 ft lbs.

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

thumbnail (4).jpg

thumbnail.jpg
Very good looking pony. Question, did you already have the BMR springs on the car when you had the 20's and were you running 285/35/20 up front?

Sponsored

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Is anybody running 19 x 9.5 in all corners? Could you please post some photos? My Mach 1 is scheduled to arrive in August and I'd like to be able to reuse the factory tires.

kcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, Base w/tech, black roof, vinyl stripes
These wheels are flow formed, yes. Of our recent offerings, the CS14 is the only non-flow formed wheel (excluding our CNC-milled CS21). Our wheels are engineered to be lug-centric. This was touched on earlier in the thread, regarding the difference in hub sizing. Given our production numbers and accounting for variances in the manufacturing process, we felt that offering the wheel as lug-centric would ensure there are no issues with hub fitment. We've experienced virtually no negative feedback regarding fitment/vibration even without the addition of hub spacers and stand by our wheels' fitment and quality.
I am sorry to inform you but I had purchased a set of Shelby Venom wheels for my 2014 GT 500. Loved the style and anthracite color but couldn't get them perfect. Always a bit of shimmy. Road force, you name it. Balanced with lug centric adapters and all. It sucks that basically it is the same rim as the Forgestar C10 and the C10 comes hub centric.
I contacted you guys on several occasions to try to get the specific hub bore of the wheels in order to get myself some hub rings and nobody ever gave me an answer. I basically gave up and was very frustrated with the entire experience.

SesiomSummers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Build
Vehicle Showcase
for everyone interested these CS5 are my second set from carrol shelby wheels

I have owned for over a year now so Im gonna give my honest review

First of some insight in my car:
My car 2015 Mustang GT premium.

HP ratings 470 whp

3,73 torsen dif by shelby Parts

track suspension by steeda

Steeda S550 Mustang Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Lowering Springs DROP 0.75" all around

no camber plates

Steeda Mustang 1.50" Hubcentric Billet Aluminum Wheel Spacer Front

Steeda Mustang 1.25" Hubcentric Billet Aluminum Wheel Spacer Rear

Custom made Carbon front Fenders widened about .5 inch each side (so my setup probably might not fit your fenders or you will need a cambler plate)

Fitment: Ill give them 4.5/5 stars
they are lug-centric (I´ll update a video when my new tires arrive) I havent had any issue with them as I really do change my tires evey 4 months due to my car mostly use for track racing... and they just sit and fit the lug spot on (With or w/out steeda 1¨ spacers on the back and 1.5¨on front) (THEY ARE NOT HUB centric so you need to undersand the diference and the importance on that)

I do not give them 5 stars as I do think 9.5 front is ... kinda silly girly size... where the vast mayority of After Market focused on performance use a 10F 11R setup

Performance: Ill give them 5 stars
I have used them with so many tires brands and configurations, I even ran them on my original 265 40 19 first pic.. 275 40 square, 285 front 315 rear, etc... they ease the handle of the brake and trottle as they are light making the car feel more responsive, I notice after 2 long hours of nonstop abuse on track any pound of rotational mass you take off your wheels/tires safe you ALOT of brake life as I mostly use my car for endurace street class racing (1.5 to 3 hours on heavy track use) time attack, and high climbs in my country, and these wheels are by far the best STREET rims use I used!!!

manufacure quality: is about 4.9/5
As there was a couple minor paint deffect on the inner side but Its just me being picky, as I inspect really well any part Im about to install on my car most people would not have notice this

looks: I give them 4.8 out 5 stars I really love the design really a beautifull rim. front rims feels a bit plane and I love rims with more of a concave shape like the rears ones

Im gonna try to se if Rears will fit on front, even If I need to run a wide front fender

Veredict:

they are amazing rims, they stand from the vast mayority of after market with a product that looks unique and performs amazing

the only tradeoff is the strenth of these wheels to any fisical impact is not that great, speed bumps at high speed, poteholes, sidewalks, etc and they will bend "easly" but never got them cracked like a set of HRE wich could stand more abuse w out bending but they cracked and that was the end of them I had on my older stang so its kinda funny tradeoff win

tire sizes used by me (Recomended but Im not expert):
front: 265 (35 to 40), 275 (35 to 40), 285 35 19
Rear: 275 (35 to 40), 285 35, 305 30, 315 30, 325 30

Best setups so far: (285 35 FR) (275 35F - 305 30R) (285 35F - 325 30R)

diferent pics on diferent setups

sorry for my broken english as its not my native Idiom!!!!

zwTG1kyWWOen24AzdHLglDfY=w3027-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
samanosuke47

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
for everyone interested these CS5 are my second set from carrol shelby wheels

I have owned for over a year now so Im gonna give my honest review

First of some insight in my car:
My car 2015 Mustang GT premium.

HP ratings 470 whp

3,73 torsen dif by shelby Parts

track suspension by steeda

Steeda S550 Mustang Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Lowering Springs DROP 0.75" all around

no camber plates

Steeda Mustang 1.50" Hubcentric Billet Aluminum Wheel Spacer Front

Steeda Mustang 1.25" Hubcentric Billet Aluminum Wheel Spacer Rear

Custom made Carbon front Fenders widened about .5 inch each side (so my setup probably might not fit your fenders or you will need a cambler plate)

Fitment: Ill give them 4.5/5 stars
they are lug-centric (I´ll update a video when my new tires arrive) I havent had any issue with them as I really do change my tires evey 4 months due to my car mostly use for track racing... and they just sit and fit the lug spot on (With or w/out steeda 1¨ spacers on the back and 1.5¨on front) (THEY ARE NOT HUB centric so you need to undersand the diference and the importance on that)

I do not give them 5 stars as I do think 9.5 front is ... kinda silly girly size... where the vast mayority of After Market focused on performance use a 10F 11R setup

Performance: Ill give them 5 stars
I have used them with so many tires brands and configurations, I even ran them on my original 265 40 19 first pic.. 275 40 square, 285 front 315 rear, etc... they ease the handle of the brake and trottle as they are light making the car feel more responsive, I notice after 2 long hours of nonstop abuse on track any pound of rotational mass you take off your wheels/tires safe you ALOT of brake life as I mostly use my car for endurace street class racing (1.5 to 3 hours on heavy track use) time attack, and high climbs in my country, and these wheels are by far the best STREET rims use I used!!!

manufacure quality: is about 4.9/5
As there was a couple minor paint deffect on the inner side but Its just me being picky, as I inspect really well any part Im about to install on my car most people would not have notice this

looks: I give them 4.8 out 5 stars I really love the design really a beautifull rim. front rims feels a bit plane and I love rims with more of a concave shape like the rears ones

Im gonna try to se if Rears will fit on front, even If I need to run a wide front fender

Veredict:

they are amazing rims, they stand from the vast mayority of after market with a product that looks unique and performs amazing

the only tradeoff is the strenth of these wheels to any fisical impact is not that great, speed bumps at high speed, poteholes, sidewalks, etc and they will bend "easly" but never got them cracked like a set of HRE wich could stand more abuse w out bending but they cracked and that was the end of them I had on my older stang so its kinda funny tradeoff win

tire sizes used by me (Recomended but Im not expert):
front: 265 (35 to 40), 275 (35 to 40), 285 35 19
Rear: 275 (35 to 40), 285 35, 305 30, 315 30, 325 30

Best setups so far: (285 35 FR) (275 35F - 305 30R) (285 35F - 325 30R)

diferent pics on diferent setups

sorry for my broken english as its not my native Idiom!!!!

zwTG1kyWWOen24AzdHLglDfY=w3027-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg
Have a few broken links in here for your photos!

Great Review also!

Sponsored

mooosestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt
I torque mine at 150#
150#, really? that sounds crazy! I'm concerned with these aftermarket lug nuts from american muscle. they don't fully engage the taper on the cs5 wheels. My stock lug nuts from my 06 actually fit, wth? Can i get shelby wheel company to weigh in on this 150 ft lbs? very confused. i'm afraid to drive the car with these lug nuts. All these websites say you need aftermarket lug nuts, but why? I can fit a 13/16 socket in there just fine too. very confused. These are the black ones i got from AM, they don't have a large enough seat imo, but hey, i don't make lug nuts or wheels. https://www.americanmuscle.com/6spline-lugnuts-black-7914.html

shelbylugs.jpg

shelbylugs1.jpg

19shelby8.jpg

Last edited:

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Do these wheels ever go on sale? and do they accept OEM style lug nuts? Thank you to all who took the time to post photos.
Sponsored