Sponsored

Carlisle Ford Nationals...The show...Recaros...and Cicadas!

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
I went up to the Carlisle Ford nationals on Saturday. I left my house around 6:00am and headed up 15 and then hit some backroads all the way into Carlisle. On the way up, a nice 5.0 was cruising along with me for a bit. The drive up was uneventful (even with Cicadas...)

I arrived around 9:00am, the roads in were absolutely packed and it took close to an hour to get in. Once I was in, the area for GT500s was already full, so I drove up the hill and actually parked in a nice open area where only a few trucks were around. I was not worried about actually showing my car although, it would be nice if they had a little more room. I am not sure how many 2020+ GT500s were there however, not many compared to how it used to be with the 2010 through 2014's.

The show was overall nice, lots of Ford GTs and many nice mustangs. I ended up leaving around 2:00pm as I needed to head back.

Recaros, if anyone is concerned about the Recaros not being comfortable, I will say they are hands down up there with the best seats. For instance, in my wife's Trackhawk, we have the upgraded seats, which are made from the same leather found in Ferrari/Lamborgnini and are very high quality. The Recaros are right on par with them in comfort. I was honestly surprised at how comfortable they were as was my wife. We drive nearly 8 hours total and were completely fine.

...now the drive home...traffic was heavy as were the Cicadas! I brought cleaning supplies in case I ended up needing to clean some off. When I got home....the horror I saw all over the front of my car nearly sent me into shock (ok...not really) however, it was pretty bad. I immediately got to work cleaning the front and it took me a solid hour to finally get the front completely clean. This is one more reason to have PPF, it helps with bug removal!

In all, the show was good and it was nice to finally get the GT500 out for a full day of driving. The car was flawless and I was able to have some fun on a few backroads on the way home.

Unfortunately, I did not have my phone with me, so I did not get any pictures! I hope everyone else who went up had a good time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chris2020GT500

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
I hope you were able to avoid more than I did, the PPF helped with removal as they did not stick to it. I am happy they are finally gone!
Sponsored