Sponsored

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
I agree with your assessment of the paint differences, but honestly the pics don't do it justice. Carbonized is a great color in person and with BAP
I completely agree! By no means do I dislike the color and it looks great in person. Esp with the BAP. I think the BAP pops better with carbonized vs magnetic.. I was just throwing my 02 out when I looked at the 2 side by side!
Sponsored

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
If I was to get a ‘21, it probably would be this color l

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
While I love my Magnetic, it is time for a change. I am a grey car kind of guy having had a Sterling Grey '11. This seems like a shade between Iconic Silver and Sterling. Yes, this is one of those colors you have to see in person like Guard was, mostly looked grey but in other light was very green.

Rocketeer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A PP
Congrats, looks sharp!
This may be an odd question, but does the latest model year have larger gap between bottom edge of the passenger headlight and fender than the one on the driver side? Or did Ford fix it at last?

Sponsored

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Congrats on your new ride! I totally see why you chose that color in particular. The black wheels also pretty good as well!

-SG

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Congrats on you new car! She looks great. Hopefully you can park it next to a Magnetic so we can see the difference in the same light conditions.

OP
OP
FunkinGoNuts

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
Congrats on you new car! She looks great. Hopefully you can park it next to a Magnetic so we can see the difference in the same light conditions.
Thanks! Unfortunately I already destroyed a wrong push pin when I was adding the front mudflaps, haha! Off the to the web to find a replacement !

Last edited:

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Picked it up! Another picture and close up of the metallic specs as requested!

PXL_20210325_214558451.jpg

PXL_20210325_214607673.jpg
Sweet! Looks great!

Thanks for the closeup pic - it is definitely a finer fleck than the magnetic metallic. Looks cool though!

Sponsored

Jerrycobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Not a Mustang but here is comparison video of CG vs Magnetic on a Explorer. Magnetic is quite a bit darker than CG. I personally like Magnetic better, but CG is also growing on me.

OP
OP
FunkinGoNuts

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
Not a Mustang but here is comparison video of CG vs Magnetic on a Explorer. Magnetic is quite a bit darker than CG. I personally like Magnetic better, but CG is also growing on me.

Thanks! These two colors are really hard to judge without seeing in person. I love them both, but they look so different in person. Black Accent defintely pops more with Carbonized vs. Magnetic though

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Nice color!
Reminds me of the comparison between dark shadow gray and mineral gray on the 03 cobra. Carbonized gray is way better looking than mineral gray in it’s day.

OP
OP
FunkinGoNuts

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
Nice color!
Reminds me of the comparison between dark shadow gray and mineral gray on the 03 cobra. Carbonized gray is way better looking than mineral gray in it’s day.
Funny you say that. My 2001 was a Mineral Gray and to this day i feel like there was WAY to much brown to the color

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Funny you say that. My 2001 was a Mineral Gray and to this day i feel like there was WAY to much brown to the color
I agree. On its own it looked ok I guess, but next to dark shadow gray it looked off.
Sponsored