CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Is there a concern with paint matching on Fiberglass when met with metal on the car or is that no longer really an issue?
Sponsored

steven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt black
they look great!, but will wait for price to drop before pulling the trigger, and for sure post some pics of the unpainted product on the car already to see the fitment quality

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Corvettes are made of fiberglass. Time isn't really the issue with fiberglass as far as concerns go. My car isn't a daily driver but if I did, I wouldn't worry about the parts being fiberglass. My main gripe about fiberglass is that it doesn't give a whole lot and tends to crack on impact which is why you see these busted ricers with half their front bumpers missing from being too low and running into shit where typical OEM materials are a urethane based part that has a lot more give and impact resistance. But for some fenders, I have zero concern about them being made of fiberglass.
Carbon dynamics seem to be a solid bunch of people. If when you get yours the fitment is at or close to oem im down for sure. I really want this from day one. I just dont want to modify it and fiberglass doesnt give ir stretch like sheet metal

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
Is there a concern with paint matching on Fiberglass when met with metal on the car or is that no longer really an issue?
Depends on how keen an eye you have. Every surface that's a different material can differ in color, so even the OEM bumper to hood isn't EXACT. It just depends on how good of an eye you have for it. The current OEM fenders aren't the same material as the door currently anyway. They will probably require some good prep work before painting but ideally should look fine.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Those look nice but damn even at the group buy price that a lot of cash for a fender. Too bad I think they will look nice.

Sponsored

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG
Would buy but wow $! $!

Last edited:

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
Reality check, there will be clones, get over it

DaUnit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP Shadow Black
will you guys be selling painted ones also?

Sponsored

olla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd agree with you but judging by some of the arrogant and cocky posts Samuel has posted on facebook and on here, I could care less about him or his company.
Not to defend the Carbon Dynamics guys but they made good to a lot of customers with damaged spoilers, I think it was from shipping damage. That says a lot (good) about them. Specially if they are new to the game.

Some businesses advertising in this forum don't even do that for a single rusty nut. Just saying.

I do agree that they should add more details and be more customer service oriented specially in their Facebook responses. People want to hear more than little short two word answers to their questions.

OP
OP
Infamous

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
Not to defend the Carbon Dynamics guys but they made good to a lot of customers with damaged spoilers, I think it was from shipping damage. That says a lot (good) about them. Specially if they are new to the game.

Some businesses advertising in this forum don't even do that for a single rusty nut. Just saying.

I do agree that they should add more details and be more customer service oriented specially in their Facebook responses. People want to hear more than little short two word answers to their questions.
I agree on the communication portion. They are a relatively new company. Many just working out the kinks.

OP
OP
Infamous

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
Not 100% sure, but I have suspicion to believe CD reached 40 preorders as the original thread is closed. If that's the case, awesome!

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
I would have purchased, too, if any of my questions/PMs were ever responded to :shrug:
Sponsored