OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
I'll tell you what, you're brave doing them inside, i did a decklid in the garage (after seeing this), and fuck me...fibres get everywhere!
I’m not going to lie the wife is not amused, the Hoover is broken and I’m itching like mad from stupidly not wearing the gloves.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not going to lie the wife is not amused, the Hoover is broken and I’m itching like mad from stupidly not wearing the gloves.
Yep! been there... ended up using liquiproof overalls latex gloves and a mask for mine, the odd bit of carbon touching your skin is just itches for days, overalls took about 4 or 5 hoses down to get the fibres off them! The garage carpet is still covered in fibres lol!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm sure I've seen some pretty convincing cf wraps on wing mirrors. That would be my approach if I wanted to change the colour.
I think there is also hydro dip carbon fiber. Not sure of pros and cons vs wrap.

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
I think there is also hydro dip carbon fiber. Not sure of pros and cons vs wrap.

I’ve tried both and they are ok at best, a 6 footer if you like. Any closer and they look obviously fake and crap.

There is no depth or real gloss to the fake wraps / hydrographics.

It’s akin to having fake marble painted on your walls at home to having real marble ! Looks ok but everyone can tell it’s not real.

Plus the big benefit to me is I actually enjoy the process of making my own parts it’s therapeutic !

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Are you sure all of these are for the UK spec mustangs ?

I found lots too but they were all for the US spec and didn’t fit !
No I’m sorry that’s all US spec. Switch the Mirrors to us spec. Those UK spec and how big they are, are ugly any way. Lol. Jk. But no they’re ugly. Lol.

Sponsored

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
You’re dead right about the sleeker US Spec mirrors. Bloody EU Legislation !
The ironic part is the regulations mandate how big the mirrors have to be...but don't appear to mandate whether or not you can actually see anything useful in the mirrors! (i.e. RHD passenger mirror)