Carbon Fibre GT350 hood for 18+ S550!

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Anyone have this hood from Anderson Comp.?

This is by far my favorite hood they make and I want it. Just have some questions for owners of this hood.

7BDE0835-C97E-4AA5-A99D-2BF4E0DED045.png
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Anyone have this hood from Anderson Comp.?

This is by far my favorite hood they make and I want it. Just have some questions for owners of this hood.

7BDE0835-C97E-4AA5-A99D-2BF4E0DED045.png
Hi. Going CF is definitely going to be lighter. But, I would suggest ordering from a supplier like AM or LP. I bought my CF Vented and wider fenders directly from Anderson. They arrived with damages in multiple areas. I personaly had to pay for the repair myself. Anderson wanted to file a claim with the freight company even after showing them the box was not damaged upon arrival, and that the damaged fenders were most likely caused when removing them from the mold and poor quality oversight. I told them I would not be part of filing a claim with the freight company when I had zero doubt in my mind it was not their fault. So be careful who you buy from. Good luck

OP
OP
KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hi. Going CF is definitely going to be lighter. But, I would suggest ordering from a supplier like AM or LP. I bought my CF Vented and wider fenders directly from Anderson. They arrived with damages in multiple areas. I personaly had to pay for the repair myself. Anderson wanted to file a claim with the freight company even after showing them the box was not damaged upon arrival, and that the damaged fenders were most likely caused when removing them from the mold and poor quality oversight. I told them I would not be part of filing a claim with the freight company when I had zero doubt in my mind it was not their fault. So be careful who you buy from. Good luck

Thank you! I bought my CF spoiler through AM. Came out great! As for the hood, i’m going to order it through my shop here.. Surely any issues and they’ll ship it back out. I rather my shop deal with that bullshit.

Again, thank you!

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! I bought my CF spoiler through AM. Came out great! As for the hood, i’m going to order it through my shop here.. Surely any issues and they’ll ship it back out. I rather my shop deal with that bullshit.

Again, thank you!
Absolutely the right choice. Good luck

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
We are sorry to hear about the issues you had regarding the fenders. We inspect all components before they are wrapped and boxed for shipping. Sometimes damage occurs during shipping without apparent carton punctures or tears. We always ask that you inspect every part upon delivery while the driver is present. If there is damage, we can file a claim and begin process to get you a replacement.

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
We are sorry to hear about the issues you had regarding the fenders. We inspect all components before they are wrapped and boxed for shipping. Sometimes damage occurs during shipping without apparent carton punctures or tears. We always ask that you inspect every part upon delivery while the driver is present. If there is damage, we can file a claim and begin process to get you a replacement.
Hi. The damages sustained could not in anyway be related to shipping. As I told Anderson when I first inspected them and found them damaga. I took them to an Advance Composite Repair/ Manufacturing shop. Both Expert Composite People and myself easily came to the same conclusion due to the damaged areas that they were caused by improper removal from the molds and careless handling, packaging. I could care less about the $300 I spent to get them repaired, it did however have everything to due with you backing up your product. As I stated, I would never file a baseless claim against anyone if I knew without a doubt they were not responsible. Thank you.
Doug

OP
OP
KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Anyone with this hood have a whipple underneath ?!?

OP
OP
KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
bump
Sponsored