Carbon Fiber Wide Body from Anderson Composites - JTP Justin Pawlak spec

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
Anderson Composites has worked directly with JTP Justin Pawlak Formula Drift Pro to produce a 10 piece carbon fiber widebody for the S550. The product requires a Roush front bumper and is available by special order. Check out JTP's 2017 introduction video here

AC-15MUWBC.jpg

LOU_4407.jpg

LC2_6160.jpg

LC1_3333.jpg

YIO_5478.jpg
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Awesome! Adding it to list of things to buy when I win the lotto.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Niceeee. So when are you guys going to make more carbon fiber GT350 style fenders. My order has been on hold at AM since November lol. Now I might cancel and rethink this wide body.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
why do all of the widebody kits go with the riveted/bolted on look? does anybody not do body work to integrate bodykits anymore? I guess I worked for a custom shop too long and appreciate when people spend the time and extra money to make these kits look factory vs tacked on.

Sponsored

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
why do all of the widebody kits go with the riveted/bolted on look? does anybody not do body work to integrate bodykits anymore? I guess I worked for a custom shop too long and appreciate when people spend the time and extra money to make these kits look factory vs tacked on.
I'm with you. I don't like the riveted look. I'd rather the lines blend well.

OxfordPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
On cars that see track time you don't exactly want the stuff molded in because you're going to break it at some point and swap it out. Rivets make that a quick and painless task. Most wide body kits are marketing their cars to appear to be track cars so they follow the same thought process.

This is a full blown drift car too, they scrape walls and rub body panels all the time so it's definitely not one you would want anything molded onto.

Pesti13nce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Base manual

Yea i'm think it's just due to the fact they chose a car like that (Drift, race car) to debut it. you trim that back a little and mold them in...omg... looks so much better than those damn fender flares you see. Tho i will admit i am a little skeptical since a lot of Anderson composites quality in their molds specifically with their hoods is being called into question.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yea i'm think it's just due to the fact they chose a car like that (Drift, race car) to debut it. you trim that back a little and mold them in...omg... looks so much better than those damn fender flares you see. Tho i will admit i am a little skeptical since a lot of Anderson composites quality in their molds specifically with their hoods is being called into question.
Yup, got their hood and looks pretty good (guess I got lucky with this one), but got their side scoop and there is a 1/4 inch gap that doesn't even touch the body. Currently collecting all kinds of crap in there. Ordered their fenders, been a sitting duck since November and I am worried they may do a slop job too.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
On cars that see track time you don't exactly want the stuff molded in because you're going to break it at some point and swap it out. Rivets make that a quick and painless task. Most wide body kits are marketing their cars to appear to be track cars so they follow the same thought process.

This is a full blown drift car too, they scrape walls and rub body panels all the time so it's definitely not one you would want anything molded onto.
I understand that portion of it, I'm talking about cars that will never see track work or maybe once in a blue moon. If I'm spending $3000+ for a body kit I want it to look as close to factory fit and finish as possible.

Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I understand that portion of it, I'm talking about cars that will never see track work or maybe once in a blue moon. If I'm spending $3000+ for a body kit I want it to look as close to factory fit and finish as possible.
Probably because it cost a whole lot more. I was quoted anywhere from $10K to $25K and up depending on how much you want to mold. The guy was a reputable body shop and I got to see a BMW M3 with a molded widebody. Total bill came out to $31K for that rich customer. Not sure how much it is in other states, but here in Cali, it's a rip off and that cost is basically outrageous.

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 5.0 LX, 2012 GT500, 13' GT500, 13 & 14 5.0...
Def looks better than that other kit from a few weeks ago. At least the rear fenders go "all the way down" to the bottom of the car, not cut off half way with lots of tire visible from the front or behind. But still, it has a heap, tacked on look. Why can't these guy's with these companies make something with a quality look? Sure build a kit with bolts for those few that track their machine, for speed swaps, but why not build a boltless kit? For the 70% that will not track it.

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 5.0 LX, 2012 GT500, 13' GT500, 13 & 14 5.0...
How about a kit for putting some brightness/life into the factory tri-bar DRL LED's? Ever since Ford did LED DRL's on the mustang in 2013, they e been so dull and dim, that they're hardly visible in daylight, and if the front of your car is facing the sun, you can't tell if the DRL's are even on.

Nobody has addressed the dim LED tri-bar. They've just cone out with silly colored LED replacements. And , some lighter parts. We need to lighten this barge. Ford does t want to do it, Infact the 2018 mustang has gained yet another 45-60 lbs, with more "dumb distracted driver" aids as standard. I'm about ready to buy another 1988-1992 GT or 5.0 LX... And stuff a new V8 in it. With sticky tires, it'll smoke today's barges.... That 5.0 LX sedan I had was 1100 lbs lighter than today's V8...

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
How about a kit for putting some brightness/life into the factory tri-bar DRL LED's? Ever since Ford did LED DRL's on the mustang in 2013, they e been so dull and dim, that they're hardly visible in daylight, and if the front of your car is facing the sun, you can't tell if the DRL's are even on.

Nobody has addressed the dim LED tri-bar. They've just cone out with silly colored LED replacements. And , some lighter parts. We need to lighten this barge. Ford does t want to do it, Infact the 2018 mustang has gained yet another 45-60 lbs, with more "dumb distracted driver" aids as standard. I'm about ready to buy another 1988-1992 GT or 5.0 LX... And stuff a new V8 in it. With sticky tires, it'll smoke today's barges.... That 5.0 LX sedan I had was 1100 lbs lighter than today's V8...
WTH does this have to do with this thread?:lol:
Sponsored