Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
all my track rims have aluminum/hvac tape across them to keep the weights in pace. I works beautifully and all the racers do it. It helps reflect heat (dont quote me) and is a must. Below is them putting it on a spare set of race tires. I run my brakes hard and hot, if i dont do this, after one session, the weight glue will melt off.
AA540AD3-06F6-4230-BE3B-BCEC20C24964.jpeg
Excellent! That is what I suspected... thanks for confirming. My only concern would be how well the tape stays in place when sticking to the rough heat shielding on the front wheels. I guess there is only one way to find out!
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
nope, off the shelf at home depot is what everyone uses. Its made for cold and hot temps because it needs to resist hvac duct work. I searched amazon and dont think they make high temp.
I'll try it, thanks.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
@Goose17
Have you used that tire shop you like more than once now? I'm currently looking for a qualified shop for my CF wheel/tire changes on the R.

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
You're lucky you found a shop that is willing to work with the CF rims. My local Ford dealership (that owns the latest-and-greatest Hunter equipment) refuses to work on CF rims because of the cost liability. So, I had to buy my own tire changer/balancer. Got a nice kit from Derek Weaver in FW. It's a non-event to change tires. Just make sure the duck head pads are clean and use lots of tire butter.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
@Goose17
Have you used that tire shop you like more than once now? I'm currently looking for a qualified shop for my CF wheel/tire changes on the R.
I’m going to them tomorrow to take a tire off one rim, put it on another (the repaired rim) and put a tire back on the first rim. This is to realign my 2 sets of track wheels with their tires… I have a track day this weekend!

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
@Goose17
Went to them today. I had them pull a tire off wheel A and put it on wheel B and then put a different tire on wheel A. The owner of the shop did the work. They don’t use the Hunter machine much, so there was some learning going on again, but in the end, it was all a success!

CE929F38-CE76-4379-B3F5-DDF2F8F11F29.jpeg
Sponsored