Carbon fiber wheel / tire chamges

Snakecollector

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra (sold), '08 Viper (sold), '20 GT500
Also ask around for shops that have a Corghi Artiglio. I had a horrible experience with a local discount tire and will never go back.
Sponsored

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
OP did you call hunter directly?

OP
OP
JeremyPro5.0

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Thanks guys I continue to call around.

I tried Hunter the have a listing i used initially to try about a half dozen shops. Most shops “only work on brand XYZ” or don’t want to touch the carbon fiber even though they bought $50K worth of equipment that can do it.

I will try Porsche shops this coming week.

If all else fails I can always just wait for the shop I know is willing to do the work or take a day off from work and go get it done. Work is just pretty busy and I keep having to come in even on weekends to get caught up. I’m here today.

Thanks again.

OP
OP
JeremyPro5.0

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Sorry about your issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeremyPro5.0

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Still trying but no joy yet on carbon wheel tire changes at Porsche or other Ford Dealers.
I will try a few more today.

Any people in NY, Mass, RI area with the wheels and a recommendation?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I don't have any fiber rolling stock but had some new rims and tires mounted/balanced today, in my driveway. On a whim I decided to try to find a mobile tire guy and did. Great reviews, so I gave them a call. They had a number of photos on their site showing that they not only did trucks and regular passenger cars but a few exotics as well. The gentleman there sounded competent and he was. He knew my concerns regarding wheel damage, ensuring the TPMS sensors I picked up were installed correctly, using black balance weights and being mindful of their location. The dude crushed every aspect and I now have a guy that beats the brick and mortar stores on price and quality of work.

You might have somebody local to you that can do the same.

John%20at%20Bison-XL.jpg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I don't have any fiber rolling stock but had some new rims and tires mounted/balanced today, in my driveway. On a whim I decided to try to find a mobile tire guy and did. Great reviews, so I gave them a call. They had a number of photos on their site showing that they not only did trucks and regular passenger cars but a few exotics as well. The gentleman there sounded competent and he was. He knew my concerns regarding wheel damage, ensuring the TPMS sensors I picked up were installed correctly, using black balance weights and being mindful of their location. The dude crushed every aspect and I now have a guy that beats the brick and mortar stores on price and quality of work.

You might have somebody local to you that can do the same.

John%20at%20Bison-XL.jpg
Thats actually really cool that such a service exists in your area and he’s able to do the job without damaging anything.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
When he told me he often mount slicks for guys that track and that they like a commercial duct foil tape over the balance weights I knew he was well versed. And this is a side business for him. He works in a family member's tire business by day and does this when he can.

I suppose the key is to actually get to talk to the person that is going to do the work and not just some counter guy that then hands everything off to an unknown in the back of the shop while you are stuck watching CNN and waiting in a room full of mouthbreathers that were hoping Springer would have been on.
Sponsored