Carbon Fiber Wheel Destroyed Posted by Speed Phenom

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I would love to see all his mustang followers drop him like a bad habit.
Why would they stick around? He just deserted the brand that made him, and took a dump on the 500 as he walked out the door.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Why would they stick around? He just deserted the brand that made him, and took a dump on the 500 as he walked out the door.
Exactly my point. I understand that some people are car enthusiasts, which include the mustang. I’m thinking the mustang people who really don’t care about other cars, especially the exotic kind will eventually leave.

Then I suppose the new breed of fans will just take their place. All a vicious cycleI guess.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This "wheel incident" inspired a write up about the cost of replacing the CF wheels.
As many of you know, the wheels can be repaired. The one in this incident is shot, but you would be surprised with what can be repaired. Spyder composites out of CA does repairs and is recognized at the authority for this kind of work. Unfortunately, CR doesn't repair wheels, but Frank of Spyder has worked with CR in repair procedures and methods. The only problem with our GT500 exposed CF wheels is that if the braid is damaged, the CF aesthetics make it a much more difficult repair.

I had a wheel that had slight damage to the ceramic coating on one of my R models. By the time it was all said and done, it wound up running about $1,000 to find a suitable container and ship it, repair it, insure it, etc.

For anyHere is a link to the process.....

GT350R Carbon Fiber Wheel Repair | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

I happen to have a spare rear CF wheel that I will be sending off to Spyder in the future. Now that I have a proper shipping container, it should make the cost more reasonable.
Sponsored