Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
I have a base GT and the dash is not smooth to the touch. It is aluminum with a black pattern on it. It feels rough to the touch. I painted it flat black and the pattern can still be seen and felt.

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Haha you would loose your gauges in the center!
DOH :doh:

didnt even realize that. Carry on everyone. lol I guess Ill have to get mine wrapped

drbrian722

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I suspect this may be part of a running change. I can find an image of a base GT with the textured dash;
15-mustang-gt-12.jpg

A base EB with the brushed aluminum;
2015_00023_04.jpg

Also a youtube video ([ame]) where it's clearly the brushed aluminum piece on a base GT.

Maybe this is like the door cards where they were putting the wrong ones in at first?

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
I actually like my stock brushed aluminium in my Performace Pack Mustang.. Looks somewhat similar..

Sponsored

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
Base V6 get the textured "carbon fiber"
CARB.jpg

Standard EB & GT get brushed aluminum
ALUM.jpg

PP gets engine turned aluminum
TURN.jpg

I can see how in photos the PP and V6 look similar, but I assure you they are not. Only the V6 has texture, all the others will be smooth to the touch.
Good information. Also, it appears that the 50th AP comes with the brushed aluminum. So if you order PP with 50th AP you will actually lose the engine turned aluminum and have the brushed aluminum dash. This can be seen on the website when building one but seems like it might have been messed up when the earlier orders went through.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
OK, several of you guys have got this all wrong.

V-6 cars Only, get the Black Plastic, Textured "Carbon Fiber" Finish Dash Trim seen in the first post.

Base model Eco-Boost and GT'S get what is called a Dark, Diamond Patterned, Aluminum Finish Dash Pictured at the top of this page by DrBrian.

Premium and Premier Trim Eco-Boost and GT's get the Horizontally Brushed Aluminum Dash Trim.

Performance PackageEco-Boostand GT's get the Engine Turned (a Small Overlapping, Semi Circular Pattern) Aluminum Dash Trim with the Center Gages.

Anniversary Package and Limited Edition Models both get an Engine Rolled (a Long, Crossing/Overlapping, Diagonal Brushed Finish) Aluminum Finish. Cars with the Performance Package that are NON Limited Editions and the Limited Editions both get the Same Engine Rolled Finish Aluminum Dash Trim with the Center Gages.

The Engine Turned Finish used on Eco-Boost and GT Performance Package cars is Not a Simulated Carbon Fiber Look. Engine Turning far pre dates Carbon Fiber appearing in Aircraft as far back as 1915.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_turning

Last edited:

SpaceGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I don't know about the premium trim but the PP is "fake" over laid plastic turned aluminum looking trim...

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I don't know about the premium trim but the PP is "fake" over laid plastic turned aluminum looking trim...
That is correct. The panel is real aluminum and expensive. However, the design is an epoxy (not sure) coating that is glued to it so its not real engine turned. Under it is real metal - this was discussed in the forums - some people peeled it away. I wish they etched the metal, but guess it was for cost reasons? Looks good though and I hope it lasts.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
With the exception of the V-6's Black Plastic "Carbon Fiber" Textured Dash, all 2015 Mustangs have REAL Aluminum Dash Trim, with unique Finishes Applied to the Alluminum Veneer, which is mounted to a Plastic Backing.

Sponsored

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
With the exception of the V-6's Black Plastic "Carbon Fiber" Textured Dash, all 2015 Mustangs have REAL Aluminum Dash Trim, with unique Finishes Applied to the Alluminum Veneer, which is mounted to a Plastic Backing.
Tampa said it better than me.

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I plan on vinyl wrapping mine in black or red 4d CF vinyl. ill post pics when I get around to it.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Base V6 get the textured "carbon fiber"
CARB.jpg

Standard EB & GT get brushed aluminum
ALUM.jpg

PP gets engine turned aluminum
TURN.jpg

I can see how in photos the PP and V6 look similar, but I assure you they are not. Only the V6 has texture, all the others will be smooth to the touch.
Correct and you forgot the 50th Anniversary and Limited Dash. :)

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I suspect this may be part of a running change. I can find an image of a base GT with the textured dash;
15-mustang-gt-12.jpg

A base EB with the brushed aluminum;
2015_00023_04.jpg

Also a youtube video () where it's clearly the brushed aluminum piece on a base GT.

Maybe this is like the door cards where they were putting the wrong ones in at first?
Well you have to remember that the factory has screw ups and also sometimes if they are out of a piece, they might use another piece that day. We've seen lots of pics of cars with mismatching pieces. Hell we saw a V6 with a GT hood on the lot.

Also don't forget some people have ordered their own dashes and swapped them already.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Here's the 50th Anniversary Appearance PKg dash on my EcoBoost Premium PP.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426907944.612194.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426907953.474471.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426907959.559755.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored