Sponsored

Carbon Fiber steering wheel recommendations and impressions wanted.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Thatā€™s a great looking wheel!
Questionsā€¦
Do you remember who you bought from?
Are you pleased with the quality?
Thanks. I am extremely pleased with the quality. It took 2 weeks to make and shipped from Hong Kong on a Tuesday and arrived at my home in Tennessee on Wednesday. DHL is FAST! eBay seller name is:

$_7.jpg

gny-car_star_auto_parts

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
No complaints with mine. Allows me to preserve the stock R steering wheel. Bought mine from Tim with Beith also.

20200512_124436.jpg

20200512_121752.jpg
I keep going back and forth between this exact spec or all leather like Ephinay

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I may be flogged for saying this but those steering wheels and all that carbon fiber is ugly AF and looks tacky

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Are you saying you would buy one if it is not made in China? Lots of parts for the car are not made in the US. There is a lot of things on these cars that were not made in the U.S.

Aren't they pretty much all the same and made in China? I asked Beith if his were made in China and never received an answer back, so I assumed that they were. Please correct me if I am wrong. None of the sellers seem to want to talk about their manufacturing facilities or show pictures of the process.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Nope don't think you would be flogged at all. Everyone has their own taste in things.

I may be flogged for saying this but those steering wheels and all that carbon fiber is ugly AF and looks tacky

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Are you saying you would buy one if it is not made in China? Lots of parts for the car are not made in the US. There is a lot of things on these cars that were not made in the U.S.
Yes this is a tough one. If I can, which isnā€™t often, I buy US produced products.
What really hit me years ago was buying a new Stanley thermosā€¦.made in China. Iconic American companies flipping to China to compete in the world market makes me sick.
It becomes difficult sifting through ā€œAmericanā€ companies that 100% of their products are sourced locally.
We have done this to ourselves gentlemen. The push by a certain President to help bring back American companies to the US was just a drop in a bucket but it was great to see happen. Keep in mind, every American company doing business in China is linked to the ChiComs by law.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Yes this is a tough one. If I can, which isnā€™t often, I buy US produced products.
What really hit me years ago was buying a new Stanley thermosā€¦.made in China. Iconic American companies flipping to China to compete in the world market makes me sick.
It becomes difficult sifting through ā€œAmericanā€ companies that 100% of their products are sourced locally.
We have done this to ourselves gentlemen. The push by a certain President to help bring back American companies to the US was just a drop in a bucket but it was great to see happen. Keep in mind, every American company doing business in China is linked to the ChiComs by law.
113.2848472939595932% agree.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I honestly think it comes down to paying what something is worth. If I could have found a quality steering wheel made in the US, I would have been willing to pay more for it. I actually researched them for almost a year before giving up and buying a wheel made in Hong Kong.

I feel like a lot of the US-based sellers are buying the AliExpress steering wheels and marking them up and reselling them, then acting like they are making them themselves. They use very vague vernacular when telling whether something is "in stock". Heck, if you're making them yourself, the only thing that matters is whether or not you have a core in stock. If you do, then the next question should be when can you have it made.

I think Beith may be the most vague of all the people I spoke to. Granted, I am sure he is super busy building steering wheels in his basement, so he has no time to respond when someone asks him if the steering wheels are built in the US.

I am very happy with my $600 Asia-made steering wheel. I would have preferred to support an American outfit when I bought mine. Notice that most of them don't even have a real website, and that the majority of marketing is done on Instagram. The ones that do have websites do not prominently display "Made in America", which they would if they were made here.

Giving the illusion of buying and paying for an American-made product, when really all you're doing is marking up a foreign-made product, is not honest.

Just my $.02.

PS - Judge for yourself. Here are two pictures. One of my $600 wheel before it was installed and one of the $1600 Beith wheel. Other than the carbon paddles, can anyone really see any difference? They seem to be built off the same mold.

whee01.jpg

Beith.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Crowd Hunter, I thought I had a problem with a Beith wheel and he showed me where he purchases the OE cores from Ford. It turned out it was me trying to put the buttons on incorrectly. I am glad I didn't pay that price for a wheel when I had my M4.