Sponsored

Carbon Fiber steering wheel recommendations and impressions wanted.

GB17shelbyGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R
I have been contemplating removing my stock GT350R steering wheel and installing a Carbon Fiber with leather steering wheel.
Can you guys share your pictures, experience with brands and installation on these that are running/driving with them?
Any input would greatly be appreciated, I've seen multiple carbon fiber ones for sale. I'd like to stay away from the cheaply made China versions and want a quality carbon and leather product.

Thanks
IMG_20210731_171931428.jpg
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Very happy with the wheel I got from Tim at Beith. Alcantara is nice but I really like the leather and perforated leather and fiber work that Tim did.

i-F9QvV8T-X4.jpg

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Another one from Tim Beith.

Steering Wheel Update.jpg

Sponsored

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Hey Aaron! I too just recently went through this decision-making process. I see a few here posting Beith Performance which was the one I had initially (finally...lol!) narrowed my search down to. Very good info./write-up from @Epiphany when he received his! However, I recently did several interior CF pieces from MPR Performance in Las Vegas and was supremely satisfied with quality and thus decided to order a CF wheel from MPR. Nothing but good to say about Beith however. This video posted 2 days ago by MPR is MY custom wheel; just shipping out. Anxious! Will gladly send you pics when it arrives.

Screenshot_20211009-165130_Photos.jpg

OP
OP
GB17shelbyGT350R

GB17shelbyGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R
Hey Aaron! I too just recently went through this decision-making process. I see a few here posting Beith Performance which was the one I had initially (finally...lol!) narrowed my search down to. Very good info./write-up from @Epiphany when he received his! However, I recently did several interior CF pieces from MPR Performance in Las Vegas and was supremely satisfied with quality and thus decided to order a CF wheel from MPR. Nothing but good to say about Beith however. This video posted 2 days ago by MPR is MY custom wheel; just shipping out. Anxious! Will gladly send you pics when it arrives.

Screenshot_20211009-165130_Photos.jpg
Awesome, thank you very much for this information. Looking forward to seeing this CF wheel installed on your car! I found a company called Dynaperformance earlier today with theirs around $800 along with a few others, I wasn't sure if I'd like the LED display in the wheel which takes the $$ up alot.

Thanks again

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Meh....I have seen those which incorporate LEDs into the top portion of wheel. (For Shift Light purpose I believe..?). Not needed with our Head Up Shift Indicator and I find it bit gimmicky. My 2c....

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
My goodness those wheels are THICC.....

Is it possible to get dimensions similar to stock?

Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Aren't they pretty much all the same and made in China? I asked Beith if his were made in China and never received an answer back, so I assumed that they were. Please correct me if I am wrong. None of the sellers seem to want to talk about their manufacturing facilities or show pictures of the process.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Aren't they pretty much all the same and made in China? I asked Beith if his were made in China and never received an answer back, so I assumed that they were. Please correct me if I am wrong. None of the sellers seem to want to talk about their manufacturing facilities or show pictures of the process.
šŸ˜Æ Say it ainā€™t so!
I thought someone posted pictures of the process a while ago. Donā€™t remember thinking it was done overseas, but then againā€¦.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
šŸ˜Æ Say it ainā€™t so!
I thought someone posted pictures of the process a while ago. Donā€™t remember thinking it was done overseas, but then againā€¦.
I just know that I searched and searched for a US-made option before I gave up. I later sold the car to Vroom. I did purchase one for my BMW from an eBay auction. I felt like $600 with no core charge was as good as I was going to get. I'd just like to know if any of the online "sellers" actually make their own wheels. My feeling is that the majority of Instagram sellers simply source theirs on AliExpress.

wheel.jpg

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I just know that I searched and searched for a US-made option before I gave up. I later sold the car to Vroom. I did purchase one for my BMW from an eBay auction. I felt like $600 with no core charge was as good as I was going to get. I'd just like to know if any of the online "sellers" actually make their own wheels. My feeling is that the majority of Instagram sellers simply source theirs on AliExpress.

wheel.jpg
Thatā€™s a great looking wheel!
Questionsā€¦
Do you remember who you bought from?
Are you pleased with the quality?
Sponsored