Sponsored

Carbon fiber on magnetic...pics?

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
Anyone have any photos of carbon fiber on magnetic. Idk how this would look....
Hood, trunk, wing, whatever.
Thanks
Sponsored

johnjohnson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wyles
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I put a carbon fiber hood on mine after hail destroyed mine. I didn't want to pay to get it painted, so I put it on as was at first to see how I like it. I can say that there are angles and light settings where it is hard to tell it isn't painted from a distance. I will likely leave it unpainted after having it on the car for several months.

Here are some photos I just went out and took.
IMG_1763.JPG
IMG_1762.JPG
IMG_1761.JPG
1125x1500.jpeg

OP
OP
jburgess1379

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
[MENTION=20225]johnjohnson[/MENTION] how do you like that hood? Thats the one I want. Fiberglass or CF. Hows fitment? Do you have a heatshield? Clearcoat it? Does water get inside?

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I put a carbon fiber hood on mine after hail destroyed mine. I didn't want to pay to get it painted, so I put it on as was at first to see how I like it. I can say that there are angles and light settings where it is hard to tell it isn't painted from a distance. I will likely leave it unpainted after having it on the car for several months.

Here are some photos I just went out and took.
I'm digging that hood. And h*ll, that CF matches that color pretty well. I'd leave it.

johnjohnson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wyles
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
[MENTION=20225]johnjohnson[/MENTION] how do you like that hood? Thats the one I want. Fiberglass or CF. Hows fitment? Do you have a heatshield? Clearcoat it? Does water get inside?

I got the carbon fiber, the shop I had put it on was telling me horror stories about fiberglass hoods and I don't remember there being any saving going the fiberglass option for this hood. Fitment was great, the shop got it on in no time. No heatshield, I had asked around about that, and the answer I got was "wouldn't worry about it with carbon fiber".

For the clearcoat, from what I have read online, there should be one on there from the factory. I still plan to take it to a shop and have them spray an extra one just for piece of mind.

Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yea, I have some carbon fiber on mines. I will get better shots once I get the car back from some Xpel Ultimate wrapping done. I will also have a carbon fiber trunk, deck lid, and GT350 style wing installed in a week or so too. Will try to post some pics once its done.

Fryguy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
Carbon fiber looks great with Magnetic.

I have a GT350 Track Pack spoiler going on, hood vents, and mirror covers.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Those hoods look great!

OP
OP
jburgess1379

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
Either of you guys having issues with a lot of water getting in the engine bay with those extractors? Rain or car washing.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Either of you guys having issues with a lot of water getting in the engine bay with those extractors? Rain or car washing.
From rain, I get a little water in the side of the heat extractors. The center portion is pretty good and has hardly any water going in. I end up just wiping it off after the rain stops. As for car washes, yes, if you spray onto the hood it will have a lot of water going into the extractors. The center portion is still pretty good at preventing water from coming in, but I do get some in there during washes. Again, I just wipe it off after the cleaning, which is not an issue for me. I went into this hood knowing that water may be an issue and told myself that its fine and I don't mind cleaning it. :headbonk:

Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I am so not impressed by those hood vent screens. Wtf!!
Sponsored