Carbon Fiber Front Bumper

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
You need to educate yourself on proper paint procedures. Your doing it incorrectly and costing yourself a lot of time and money unnecessarily. I had a body shop for almost 20 years and have painted literally cars in to the thousands. An entire mid size car would get between 5-6 quarts total for sealer, base, clear. Thatā€˜s for a complete repaint. Are you sure your not using an airless for house painting. :crackup:

Do you know how much total paint needed to cover all the components that you want to paint? Just to cover one side of the hood and fenders you need at least one quart of paint for one coat, which is around 2.5 pounds. You need at lease 2-3 coats of paint. So, you need 8 pounds of paint to cover just hood and fenders.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
You need to educate yourself on proper paint procedures. Your doing it incorrectly and costing yourself a lot of time and money unnecessarily. I had a body shop for almost 20 years and have painted literally cars in to the thousands. An entire mid size car would get between 5-6 quarts total for sealer, base, clear. Thatā€˜s for a complete repaint. Are you sure your not using an airless for house painting. :crackup:
irs not worth it man, itā€™s just cluttering the thread. Discussing the weight of paint is like trying to decide the clothes your wearing before you go race. Dumbest thing ever.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Your estimate is 6 quarts = 15 lbs of paint for entire car. My estimate was 2-3 quarts for hood and fenders. So, your estimate is in par with my estimate. Appreciate your sarcasm, but are you sure you're using correct calculator. :like:

Last edited:

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
The fact that this is an argument is mindblowing...paint adds weight. That's a fact. Is that weight worth saving? That's up to you. It's not a lot of weight, but it is definitely measurable. Hell, even just adding paint to a set of wheels adds about 2 or 3 pounds to it. The more layers, the heavier it gets. Simple physics. I would guess when you add everything up from primer, to the various coats of paint, then clearcoat, you could easily get up to 15-20 lbs for the whole car.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Ok got an update from Speedkore.

they are actually getting me done in 30days!

so I ordered the fenders, front bumper, rear bumper.

Updated pricing! Just so you know the reason these parts are cheaper is because they have a primer finish on them. So itā€™s ready for paint. It would be more if you had the actual full sealer on it. So just understand that.

front bumper $3700
Front Fenders $4700
Rear Fenders $2800

and then Iā€™m gonna cover them in approximately 42lbs of paint based on the 20 quarts of paint that my nasa trained body shop quoted me.

Sponsored

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Ok got an update from Speedkore.

they are actually getting me done in 30days!

so I ordered the fenders, front bumper, rear bumper.

Updated pricing! Just so you know the reason these parts are cheaper is because they have a primer finish on them. So itā€™s ready for paint. It would be more if you had the actual full sealer on it. So just understand that.

front bumper $3700
Front Fenders $4700
Rear Fenders $2800

and then Iā€™m gonna cover them in approximately 42lbs of paint based on the 20 quarts of paint that my nasa trained body shop quoted me.
I'd love to see some pictures of the bumper clips if you have a chance when they show up. Having had my bumpers off, the bumper clips are pretty flimsy. I'm curious if they are carbon as well or if they use another method.

Looking forward to following this as it moves forward.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
I'd love to see some pictures of the bumper clips if you have a chance when they show up. Having had my bumpers off, the bumper clips are pretty flimsy. I'm curious if they are carbon as well or if they use another method.

Looking forward to following this as it moves forward.
Ill be posting pictures up when I receive the parts. Iā€™ll be taking weight measurements of each part. Trying to catalogue everything as it goes along.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Discount codes are only valid for items that are in-stock through our web store. They are not applicable with other discount codes or through our dealers. Dealers can advertise up to 10% less than our MSRP online price for items we make. Some dealers offer varying shipping rates.

Our vacuum-infused "wet" carbon fiber components have UV inhibitor added to our proprietary formulated resin. Adding a clear coat for UV protection is not required, but some owners decide to do so.

To get more information about a specific product availability, please contact our customer service, 9-5:30 PST.
AC, I was wondering what the lead times are on your carbon parts?

I spoke with CJpony parts today and they are cancelling my order of your parts because they said they spoke with youā€™re company and you had lead times that were too far out and they werenā€™t taking orders for your components.

can you clarify this? I was a little upset when I spoke with them, I said i donā€™t mind waiting for the parts even a couple 2-3 months. They still said no.

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
AC, I was wondering what the lead times are on your carbon parts?

I spoke with CJpony parts today and they are cancelling my order of your parts because they said they spoke with youā€™re company and you had lead times that were too far out and they werenā€™t taking orders for your components.

can you clarify this? I was a little upset when I spoke with them, I said i donā€™t mind waiting for the parts even a couple 2-3 months. They still said no.
Lead times can take up to 12 weeks depending on our production cycles. Our components are hand made and take several days to make. The best option is to contact us about availability for specific components every couple of weeks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Lead times can take up to 12 weeks depending on our production cycles. Our components are hand made and take several days to make. The best option is to contact us about availability for specific components every couple of weeks.
does that mean websites like CJ pony parts wonā€™t accept your orders? I got a president day discount through them and I want to get the best deal I can.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Depends on the dealer. That may be their policy.
understood. Thanks for getting back.

I guess I still need to order the vented hood, decklid and diffuser from you guys.

Iā€™ll be calling to check in.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
The fact that this is an argument is mindblowing...paint adds weight. That's a fact. Is that weight worth saving? That's up to you. It's not a lot of weight, but it is definitely measurable. Hell, even just adding paint to a set of wheels adds about 2 or 3 pounds to it. The more layers, the heavier it gets. Simple physics. I would guess when you add everything up from primer, to the various coats of paint, then clearcoat, you could easily get up to 15-20 lbs for the whole car.
no one is disputing that it wonā€™t add weight. But itā€™s not adding 20lbs. No way.

paint one side of the hood with paint,itā€™s not gonna add much. If you paint all the panels I am getting, weā€™re talking 6-7 lbs of paint, Max. I would say 4 most likely. But we will find out in the end. As I will be measuring everything. My exhaust change alone saved 6.5 lbs. thereā€™s the paint weight saved right there. Itā€™s insignificant in the grand scale.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
So to provide an update on the speedkore parts I thinks itā€™s worth everyone understanding this.

the bonus with getting the Speedkore carbon fiber front bumper is that itā€™s already premolded with the turn signal bezels, the front bumper grille inserts, and the bumper inserts.

total cost for these parts is broken down below. For $1600 total, assume Max 20% discount, that makes these $1280 plus shipping. Figure $100 bucks to ship, so $1380 total.

There is a savings here if you look at it a certain way. Considering complete carbon front bumper

2015 - 2020 MUSTANG SHELBY GT350 CARBON FIBER TURN SIGNAL BEZELS
Call for stock status - $ 399.00

2015-2020 MUSTANG SHELBY GT350 CARBON FIBER FRONT UPPER GRILLE INSERTS. $ 399.00

2015 - 2020 MUSTANG SHELBY GT350 BUMPER INSERTS. $ 799.00

A33CA93A-FF05-4545-9265-0EE26B267C73.jpeg
Sponsored