Carbon Fiber Front Bumper

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
with doors, can I run factory equipment with them?

thanks
Yes, you can re-install your factory glass, electrical and door panel etc. We made our tooling from factory door. Some mounting holes will need to be enlarged a bit. Dry fit the door before you reinstall all the factory items to the door. It will make installation easier. This image is our vacuum infused, ("wet") carbon fiber door. - Our doors are for off-highway use only.-
AC-DD15FDMU_06.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
with doors, can I run factory equipment with them?

thanks
It is my understanding that CF doors do not offer impact protection. I recall if you go that route, you need to install a cage. Unless weight offset for the cage was your goal, then the proposition would be more weight than you started with.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
It is my understanding that CF doors do not offer impact protection. I recall if you go that route, you need to install a cage. Unless weight offset for the cage was your goal, then the proposition would be more weight than you started with.
agreed.

I really want the skunk wrap. Front bumper to rear bumper minus the roof.

fenders would have been nice. But I don’t see that happening. I have a message out to speedkore for some of the bumper parts.

I’ll post up what I find.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I would suggest you also contact MPR Performance in Vegas. They do A LOT of custom CF work. They have have options that interest you

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Ok got a price on front and rear bumper from speedkore

not terrible. Pricey but not terrible.

Front Bumper- $3999.00 USD

Rear Bumper- $3100.00 USD

Probably gonna go that route. And then order the vented hood from Anderson and the decklid also.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
I figured I would update here as well as my build thread.

I went ahead and ordered the carbon deck lid and Carbon diffuser from Anderson. Cjponyparts had 8% off for Presidents’ Day.

waiting on a deal on the Anderson carbon triple vented hood. Then I’ll get that.

I got an update from speedkore about leadtimes and also the carbon fenders.

I offered a deposit to get in line. I was told to wait 2 months and submit my order. At that point that are 10-12 weeks out. So about 20 weeks to get my hands in the parts.

carbon fenders are $5300 for the pair.

also. I asked about getting the carbon prepped more basic as I will be painting over it. They did say they could adjust the total quote with a basic finish as I will just prime and paint these parts. So price can
Come down slightly.

As for the Anderson parts, I asked about the difference between the 2 decklids they offer. The wet and dry. The wet is $1079 and the dry is like $1800

the price difference is in the more in depth manufacturing process for the dry. And there is only a 1.5-2 lb difference in weight. With the dry carbon being the lighter.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I figured I would update here as well as my build thread.

I went ahead and ordered the carbon deck lid and Carbon diffuser from Anderson. Cjponyparts had 8% off for Presidents’ Day.

waiting on a deal on the Anderson carbon triple vented hood. Then I’ll get that.

I got an update from speedkore about leadtimes and also the carbon fenders.

I offered a deposit to get in line. I was told to wait 2 months and submit my order. At that point that are 10-12 weeks out. So about 20 weeks to get my hands in the parts.

carbon fenders are $5300 for the pair.

also. I asked about getting the carbon prepped more basic as I will be painting over it. They did say they could adjust the total quote with a basic finish as I will just prime and paint these parts. So price can
Come down slightly.

As for the Anderson parts, I asked about the difference between the 2 decklids they offer. The wet and dry. The wet is $1079 and the dry is like $1800

the price difference is in the more in depth manufacturing process for the dry. And there is only a 1.5-2 lb difference in weight. With the dry carbon being the lighter.
@EIGHTLUG (Curtis) who is also the owner of Archetype Racing has a 20% off code for Anderson that he tends to share. He also has the triple vented hood. Also you may like what you see on his site as there are very nice aero pieces for the GT350

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
@EIGHTLUG (Curtis) who is also the owner of Archetype Racing has a 20% off code for Anderson that he tends to share. He also has the triple vented hood. Also you may like what you see on his site as there are very nice aero pieces for the GT350
well hell. If he can hook that discount up. I’ll cancel that order I placed to day and get the whole set from him.

I’ll send him a PM. Thanks bud!

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
well hell. If he can hook that discount up. I’ll cancel that order I placed to day and get the whole set from him.

I’ll send him a PM. Thanks bud!
no problem! I just tried their site to make sure it was still good.
Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 9.33.33 PM.png

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
The reason of CF is weight saving(also rigidity in the frame case). Not sure what is the reason here if OP going to pain over the CF parts. Yes, it will save some weight over original parts. But, IMO defeat the purpose of the weight saving, paint is very heavy by it self.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I don’t know what the direct weight comparison is between the oem panels and there carbon fiber replacements. The factory can apply a much more precise application then a tech in a shop, but even then there’s maybe 6-7 quarts on an entire 350, that would include resealing the entire car. Without going out and putting the material on a scale, I’m guessing it’s less then 20lbs. I would imagine the cf panels need a clear an a minimum for uv protection.

The reason of CF is weight saving(also rigidity in the frame case). Not sure what is the reason here if OP going to pain over the CF parts. Yes, it will save some weight over original parts. But, IMO defeat the purpose of the weight saving, paint is very heavy by it self.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
I can’t believe people think the paint is going to add the weight back to the carbon fiber. Lol

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
what website is that?
Anderson composite’s website.

sorry if I wasn’t clear but his promo is a code for AC site. So he doesn’t sell them but instead saves you money on their site. When I said he has the triple vent hood, I meant he has it on his own 350. Sorry for the confusion.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Anderson composite’s website.

sorry if I wasn’t clear but his promo is a code for AC site. So he doesn’t sell them but instead saves you money on their site. When I said he has the triple vent hood, I meant he has it on his own 350. Sorry for the confusion.
thank you @Biggsy unfortunately they don’t have any of the parts I need in stock.

I got plenty of time to wait.

i will wait on that hood though. With that discount it will be about $200 cheaper than I have found it elsewhere for.
Sponsored