Carbon Fiber Exhaust Tips

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
Hello all, I have had dumped exhaust for about a year now and finally want to go back to having tips running out of the back. With that said, I am thinking of getting Akrapovic styled carbon fiber exhaust tips. Some of the only places I can find these tips are on eBay or AliExpress.

Here is a link to the tips I am thinking of purchasing: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/57m...lgo_pvid=b9bb521d-4307-4188-9b41-c2ee91a94b67

Does anyone have any experience ordering from AliExpress? If so, what has your experience been? Good, bad? Also, what are you guys' thoughts about the tips?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I've ordered a few things from Aliexpress.
In a nutshell, the quality is a bit substandard, and the delivery time is upwards of a month.
Beware of them selling name brand items. China is the king of knockoffs.

If you go to eBay, see where the item is being shipped from. Sometimes the Chinese sites cross sell on Ali and EBay.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I've ordered a few things from Aliexpress.
In a nutshell, the quality is a bit substandard, and the delivery time is upwards of a month.
Beware of them selling name brand items. China is the king of knockoffs.

If you go to eBay, see where the item is being shipped from. Sometimes the Chinese sites cross sell on Ali and EBay.
If you order from aliexpress, you have to go in with low expectations. Almost always the photos will represent a better looking product than what you'll actually receive.

There's some pretty neat stuff you can find if you dig long enough. It's not uncommon to find stuff on ali that other local companies have rebranded themselves.

Sponsored

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
Those look really good! And not a huge loss if they aren't exactly as advertised. Looking forward to feedback once you get them.

tjo1186

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mustang GT
doesn't magnaflow have a carbon fiber tip now?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I've been toying around with this idea as well because the CF addiction is strong.

https://carbonplug.com/exhaust/

I've bought from them before and the quality of parts were good.

Whatever route you end up going post up some pix when done.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Low-quality carbon fiber, such as the knock-offs from that Alibaba advertisement are definitely going to yellow and fade prematurely. It's especially noticeable for exhaust tips.

I'd hold out for a brand name option and wait for more pricing and availability. Shoot a PM to an exhaust manufacturer here on the site.

Nick C.
Sponsored