rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1- w/Roush phase 2
Hello Everyone,

I live in California and ordered my 2020 GT w/Roush phase 2 kit from an out of state Ford dealer. Don't have the car yet, but they sent me the above E.O. number for the car and I looked it up and downloaded the pdf directly from the CARB website. I know this kit is supposed to be 50 state legal, and others on this forum have confirmed that...However, I'm confused by one paragraph in the document. It's the 3rd paragraph on page 2 (see attached pdf). It's a short paragraph but the last part of it confuses the hell out of me! Curious if anyone out there can explain it so my Polish brain can understand!

The paragraph begins with...This Executive Order shall not apply to any....

Thanks!
Jeff
Sponsored

Attachments

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Hello Everyone,

I live in California and ordered my 2020 GT w/Roush phase 2 kit from an out of state Ford dealer. Don't have the car yet, but they sent me the above E.O. number for the car and I looked it up and downloaded the pdf directly from the CARB website. I know this kit is supposed to be 50 state legal, and others on this forum have confirmed that...However, I'm confused by one paragraph in the document. It's the 3rd paragraph on page 2 (see attached pdf). It's a short paragraph but the last part of it confuses the hell out of me! Curious if anyone out there can explain it so my Polish brain can understand!

The paragraph begins with...This Executive Order shall not apply to any....

Thanks!
Jeff
Personally I don’t really understand why since carb legal is carb legal. But to me it reads that if the kit was installed by any one but Roush the executive order does not apply and would make it not “legal”. If someone reads it differently let me know please. Just trying to help.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
I think it says that if it's installed on a new vehicle prior to purchase it's not CARB legal.

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Personally I don’t really understand why since carb legal is carb legal. But to me it reads that if the kit was installed by any one but Roush the executive order does not apply and would make it not “legal”. If someone reads it differently let me know please. Just trying to help.
Thank you Semp1 sounds reasonable to me!

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Thank you Semp1 sounds reasonable to me!
I would assume or someone who isn’t authorized to install. Ford installs the Roush superchargers all the time if authorized to sell for stage 3’s.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I wouldn't worry about it to be honest. The smog shop just sees the EO sticker and you would be fine.

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I think it says that if it's installed on a new vehicle prior to purchase it's not CARB legal.
That’s what it seems to be saying, though I’m not clear why it makes any difference. If the parts are carb legal and Ford installs them before someone buys it...so what? In my case I ordered the car and had to pay for it before they went ahead with the Roush install. So I assume that would satisfy the requirement, but again I can’t see what difference it makes in either scenario. Thanks.
Jeff
Sponsored