Sponsored

Car turned off while driving

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So tonight I went to pick up some groceries. As I was dropping to 2nd gear and slowly turning into a narrow uphill street leading up to the parking lot the car lost power. I looked down and the RPM was at 0 and a Run Power Active message had popped up. I was driving fairly slow and combined with the uphill street, the car came to a stop almost immediately. The engine start button was flashing. I started the car back up and went about my way. Initially I was thinking that I stalled it. After some testing in the parking lot, I realized there is no way it stalled because it didn't jerk at all. It simply lost power like it does when you run out of gas. It seemed to run fine until I got home although it felt a little sluggish. Any ideas what may have happened/be going on?
Sponsored

Mirko03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mirko
Vehicle(s)
15' Mustang GT
Just finished reading this Thread. My car (Auto GT) has 2300 miles on the clock and knock on wood has been great. But......... Just after purchase with 421 miles on the clock it just shut off at 40 MPH in traffic. I was able to restart and continue till I entered a Bypass it shut down again at 55 MPH and was able to restart it and continue directly to my Dealer. Needless to say I was less than impressed. My dealer went all over the car road tested it and could not find anything wrong. They had it for over an hour. This was not good enough for me so they reflashed the computer and it appears the problem has been resolved. Not saying this is the fix just saying this is what they did for me and the problem has not returned. I hope you get it sorted out real fast. There is nothing worse than just cruising along and then flame out
I found the quote of the member that posted in my thread, I believe he is experiencing the same problem's as you are and a fix is also mentioned.

OP
OP

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks! I'll follow up on this.

Last edited:

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So tonight I went to pick up some groceries. As I was dropping to 2nd gear and slowly turning into a narrow uphill street leading up to the parking lot the car lost power. I looked down and the RPM was at 0 and a Run Power Active message had popped up. I was driving fairly slow and combined with the uphill street, the car came to a stop almost immediately. The engine start button was flashing. I started the car back up and went about my way. Initially I was thinking that I stalled it. After some testing in the parking lot, I realized there is no way it stalled because it didn't jerk at all. It simply lost power like it does when you run out of gas. It seemed to run fine until I got home although it felt a little sluggish. Any ideas what may have happened/be going on?
Have you spoken with your dealer about this, Nanashii? Send over a PM with your best contact info, current mileage, and servicing dealer; let's how I can help get your 'Stang feeling up to speed.

Rachel

DEMQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT
Have you spoken with your dealer about this, Nanashii? Send over a PM with your best contact info, current mileage, and servicing dealer; let's how I can help get your 'Stang feeling up to speed.

Rachel
It happenned to me as well, and I wasn't even on an uphill Street, I was just coming to a stop. Now I have some issues with road noise would you be able to help?
Sponsored