Sponsored

car turned off on the highway today

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
2019 A10 mustang on E85 Lund tune.

Car turned off at highway speeds today; was cruising ~85mph and got on the brakes due to upcoming slower traffic. Car downshifts from 10th to 7th as normal, but then turns off when I reach like ~60 mph 0.o

scared me since there was upcoming traffic behind me (always paranoid about getting rear ended), but I was able to throw it in neutral and turn the ignition back on and kept going like nothing happened.

Car didn’t drive noticeably different after. I haven’t ever had this happen at highway speeds although I have had 1-2 isolated episodes over the past year of ownership but it happened when idling at stop light.

Aside from E85 tune, just cat delete and aftermarket exhaust but otherwise stock engine wise. Oil changed ever 2.5-3k miles (just changed 400 miles ago) and I get gas from the same Shell station that always tests E80%+

No codes; but wanted to get any ideas as to what could be causing it? Would like to take it to the dealer eventually although tune may limit coverage
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
codereddew

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
If it never happened before the tune, there's your answer.
Car has been tuned throughout all of my ownership so I don’t think it’s that

Sweetface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Actually that has happened to me a few times on my e85 tune but never on my 93 tune

HardWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base Oxford White
Crazy just about to post. I am running Lund flex on a 2017 GT. I bought the car brand new in 17 got about 30k miles on it. I was driving Saturday nothing spirited. Came to a stop light car turned off and will not turn back on. No engine light or anything. Have it sitting at a shop now. I have been running flex fuel since 2018 I have had no issues. Hoping it is something simple and not Crazy.

OP
OP
codereddew

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Crazy just about to post. I am running Lund flex on a 2017 GT. I bought the car brand new in 17 got about 30k miles on it. I was driving Saturday nothing spirited. Came to a stop light car turned off and will not turn back on. No engine light or anything. Have it sitting at a shop now. I have been running flex fuel since 2018 I have had no issues. Hoping it is something simple and not Crazy.
Damn man, sorry to hear that. Keep us posted!
Sponsored