Sponsored

Car stalls and struggles to turn back on.

absurdh3ro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' PP EBM
I was driving home when my eb mustang with 21,000 miles stalls at an intersection. I manged to steer the vehicle out of traffic on the emergency lane. With engine off i turn off power and attempt to turn on again. The engine struggles and dosent turn on. I try to turn on a second time and it struggles but turns on. I manage to get home driving slowly and call roadside but its too late for a dealer service center to look at it. I notice the check engine light cuts on as i drove back and decide to get a diagnostic at autozone. I took the risk to drive there since its around the corner of my place. I find out through the diagnostic that it could be any of the following ..faulty fuel pump, blocked fuel filter, faulty fuel pressure solenoid, fuel injector fault. Im going to take the vehicle to ford tomorrow morning but wanted to know if anyone has had this problem? And how this could have happened? Thanks.
Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Did you get your issue resolved? I noticed the common denominator of all those items they listed for you is fuel. Did you by chance fill-up just prior to this issue occurring,? Possibly some bad gas?

OP
OP
absurdh3ro

absurdh3ro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' PP EBM
Did you get your issue resolved? I noticed the common denominator of all those items they listed for you is fuel. Did you by chance fill-up just prior to this issue occurring,? Possibly some bad gas?
I took it to the dealer and they ran full diagnostic and could not find any problems. They said it could be fuel pump or just bad gas. I had switched from 93 octane to 87 a month ago for finiacial reasons so im thinking it could have been bad gas the culprit behind it. I decided to leave without changing the fuel pump becuase it was running fine. I am now only putting 93 octane and if the problem occurs again i will surely get the fuel pump replaced.

OP
OP
absurdh3ro

absurdh3ro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' PP EBM
Hmm I'm thinking fuel pump. Good luck keep us updated.
Yea i thought so too but the car as been running perfectly fine since then. I emptied out the fuel i had left that day and went back to strictly 93 octane.