Sponsored

Car shut off on i-85 in Atlanta. Steering Assist Fault Service Required (which fuse is it??)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just got an update from Ford. They suspect something in the engine came loose and are submitting paperwork to Ford for authorization on tearing down the engine.

Really?

Was the car making any knocking noises or pinging before it shut off?

So they are thinking possibly catastrophic engine failure?
Sponsored

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Really?

Really?

No noises prior to or after the issue. Here's a video:

Not too sure on the engine failure just yet, but they suspect something came loose.

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Just realized I haven't updated this thread since this all happened a year ago. Long story short, Ford didn't want to get involved. ESP canceled my warranty on the spot after seeing a cage in the car. Ended up with a lazy lawyer and was exhausted several months into a really horrible settlement that didn't do anything.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Just realized I haven't updated this thread since this all happened a year ago. Long story short, Ford didn't want to get involved. ESP canceled my warranty on the spot after seeing a cage in the car. Ended up with a lazy lawyer and was exhausted several months into a really horrible settlement that didn't do anything.
Can't say I'm surprised, although it's silly that they sell a car for track use, and then punish you for actually doing that. But if I recall correctly didn't you have a tune as well? I think that's what actually got Ford to leave you on your own.

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Can't say I'm surprised, although it's silly that they sell a car for track use, and then punish you for actually doing that. But if I recall correctly didn't you have a tune as well? I think that's what actually got Ford to leave you on your own.
Yeah I did but according to Ford it wasn't even the tune. I'm not even sure they knew I had a tune. They stated that the fact that I had just a cage in the car was a void of warranty.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yeah I did but according to Ford it wasn't even the tune. I'm not even sure they knew I had a tune. They stated that the fact that I had just a cage in the car was a void of warranty.
Didn't you tell them the cage was for cosmetic purposes only? :fingerscrossed:

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Didn't you tell them the cage was for cosmetic purposes only? :fingerscrossed:
LOL. and yeah I agree it's sad that they punish you for it. It'd be one thing if they could tell me that an aftermarket part caused the failure but they didn't even look to that extent

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
LOL. and yeah I agree it's sad that they punish you for it. It'd be one thing if they could tell me that an aftermarket part caused the failure but they didn't even look to that extent
I would love to see the section of the warranty that allows them to void the powertrain part for a roll cage. It's so sad they are screwing with you on this.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
When doing a tune, folks should always assume it'd void the warranty. If it doesn't; great. But the truth is a tune could very well ruin the engine, plus it's actually a federal crime (although not enforced) to tamper with the ECU (due to emissions), so no jury would side with the owner. Sad to hear that story, but hopefully it'll serve as a wake-up call to those who think they're still have their engines covered with a tune.

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Yeah I agree. Sadly I wasn't aware of being able to get rid of the CEL after installing headers by simply using extensions. I kind of wish I had just dumped the money into going boosted if I knew I had already crossed the line to that extent. I heard that the factory OEM warranty is a lot more friendly than these cheap ass extended warranty companies. Mine was only $1,000, so it's no wonder they'd cry and whine about tint or any other mod being a conflict.
Sponsored