Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Installed a 91 tune from Unleashed on my '16 Ecoboost Mustang the other day and have been driving it and enjoying it quite a bit... tonight I installed the MBRP race cat-back exhaust on my car - I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me, but the car seems SLOWER.

When I first put it on and took it out, a few miles from the house, I got on the gas a bit to see how it sounded.. and the car fell flat on it's face - bogged down and sputtered .. I let off the gas and drove it a bit more.. didn't seem to do it again, but it definitely doesn't seem to pull as hard under boost now.. WTF?
Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Are you tuned for the stock exhaust or for the cat back. That is the first question

OP
OP
cal_gecko

cal_gecko

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Are you tuned for the stock exhaust or for the cat back. That is the first question
I got the tune from him based on stock exhaust... but told him I'd be adding the cat back within a month.. would it make that big a difference ?

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Dont think you need a different tune for a catback. The real choke point in the exhaust is the downpipe.

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
I got the tune from him based on stock exhaust... but told him I'd be adding the cat back within a month.. would it make that big a difference ?
Torrie will revise the tune for pretty much any bolt on. Getting rid of the stock resonator and mufflers will open it up and Torrie can adjust the tune for it. You'll see gains, tho as said above a downpipe will get you more.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cal_gecko

cal_gecko

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Torrie will revise the tune for pretty much any bolt on. Getting rid of the stock resonator and mufflers will open it up and Torrie can adjust the tune for it. You'll see gains, tho as said above a downpipe will get you more.
nope .. he said "not required for that change" .... his email responses are very short and abrupt, I've noticed.

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
His responses are short, I noticed that too. But, I figured out that he's not that way out of rudeness, but rather that he's that busy. His response time is amazingly quick, and I'm guessing that being a man of few words is partly how he does it.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
I have the same exhaust. granted I have only been running the Cobb OTS Stage 1 map. When I added the exhaust my butt dyno actually felt like I gained a little bit. My only complain is the fitment.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
The mbrp is a full 3" system, going from stock 2.25 or 2.5 whatever it is I forget, that makes a difference and I knkw on my car Adam uses what I have to tune the car, it can make a difference and I noticed same issue until I was tuned

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
increase in diameter induces pressure drop and better flow granted surface finish is same or better. less back pressure can cause turbo spooling to be ted slower on lower rpm. wastegate dutycycle may need a revision to get low end back and enjoy high end gain. wouldnt expect too much loss for catback doe. downpipe is the major bottle neck.
Sponsored