Car running rich. No cats

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Honestly if you have not bought the Bama tune, consider PBD or AED or fat house or Livernois or ??

Bama has lost all their good tuners to other's.

Lund is another good tune company but I don't like the fact they take over your ECM. Even Ford cannot erase a Lund tune.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lewtrott

Lewtrott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Honestly if you have not bought the Bama tune, consider PBD or AED. Bama has lost all their good tuners to other's.

Lund is another good tune company but I don't like the fact they take over your ECM. Even Ford cannot erase a Lund tune.
Yea I've already ordered the tuner from them. And I'll check them out also. I just wanna get this car running rite.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
What part of SC are you at? My long distance GF is in Hartsville.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I expect the tune to do nothing for your AFR issue. As previously stated, if your AFR is locked in all the time and never moves you have an issue with your 02s not your tune. You’re going to toss a tune on the car and still not be able to see what your actual AFR is.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
You most likely are correct but I have flashed tunes before and had the O2 sensors not work, slight panic and on a reflash they start working again.

So worth a try before spending money

OP
OP
Lewtrott

Lewtrott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
You most likely are correct but I have flashed tunes before and had the O2 sensors not work, slight panic and on a reflash they start working again.

So worth a try before spending money
Okay man cool. I'm gonna go ahead and flash the race tune it comes with for the heck of it. And see if it changes my AFR perimeters. But I'm calling bama and gonna have them make a tune for the set up. I'm not expecting it to fix it. But hey if it don't I'll just by the new o2's and throw them on the car. Could also explain why I had the misfire on cylinder six with new spark plugs and coils. Probably gas is fowling them out. I took the intake off the car looked at the runner flaps lol... Whoever owned the car had the actuators and solenoids unplugged from the connectors. So the flaps was staying in the open position all the time. Don't know why they did that. I plugged them back in and put the intake back on.

OP
OP
Lewtrott

Lewtrott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Okay man cool. I'm gonna go ahead and flash the race tune it comes with for the heck of it. And see if it changes my AFR perimeters. But I'm calling bama and gonna have them make a tune for the set up. I'm not expecting it to fix it. But hey if it don't I'll just by the new o2's and throw them on the car. Could also explain why I had the misfire on cylinder six with new spark plugs and coils. Probably gas is fowling them out. I took the intake off the car looked at the runner flaps lol... Whoever owned the car had the actuators and solenoids unplugged from the connectors. So the flaps was staying in the open position all the time. Don't know why they did that. I plugged them back in and put the intake back on.
Intake manifold*

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Having the IMRC's unplugged should have caused a CEL.

They probably are turned off in the tune

OP
OP
Lewtrott

Lewtrott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
O
Having the IMRC's unplugged should have caused a CEL.

They probably are turned off in the tune
Oh it did. Caused a multiple random misfire code p0300 it's fixed now. Did that a few weeks ago

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lewtrott

Lewtrott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
O
Oh it did. Caused a multiple random misfire code p0300 it's fixed now. Did that a few weeks ago
Okay K4fxd... Put the tune in the car. AFR percentage is rite. Stays at 14.0. but the tune made my low oil pressure light come on, my cooling fans to stop working, my IMRC flaps in the intake manifold are constantly opening and closing lmao. So I took the tune off and put it back to stock. But it kept all the code issues, they didn't go away. So I got bama looking into it. This is crazy. I can't even drive it now lol. Ever heard of anything like this??

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Okay K4fxd... Put the tune in the car. AFR percentage is rite. Stays at 14.0. but the tune made my low oil pressure light come on, my cooling fans to stop working, my IMRC flaps in the intake manifold are constantly opening and closing lmao. So I took the tune off and put it back to stock. But it kept all the code issues, they didn't go away. So I got bama looking into it. This is crazy. I can't even drive it now lol. Ever heard of anything like this??
Was there already an existing tune on the car that was overwritten by the bama tune? I’m not sure if there is any need to return to stock in between flashes but could that be the culprit?

OP
OP
Lewtrott

Lewtrott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Was there already an existing tune on the car that was overwritten by the bama tune? I’m not sure if there is any need to return to stock in between flashes but could that be the culprit?
I'm thinking there probably was. So why is that causing my fans to stop working and throw a code? And also my Intake manifold runner valves to constantly be turning on and off. And the car is slow as hell. Like no pull. The air ratio is normal now. I'm stumped. Any advice would be appreciated. There is codes for all these issues

OP
OP
Lewtrott

Lewtrott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I'm thinking there probably was. So why is that causing my fans to stop working and throw a code? And also my Intake manifold runner valves to constantly be turning on and off. And the car is slow as hell. Like no pull. The air ratio is normal now. I'm stumped. Any advice would be appreciated. There is codes for all these issues
Also the low oil pressure light. I drove the car rite before I put the tune in. And no issues. So it's got to be the tune they gave me

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
No, I've never heard of anything like this. You might want to take it to Ford and have the dealer re-flash a stock tune, since you don't have an aftermarket cai the car will run with the stock tune. Headers won't need a tune it just will throw a cat code.

If it runs with the stock Ford tune you can save it with the sct devise and try the Bama tune.

Make sure you return to stock calibration before Ford does anything or your device will be married to old ECM software and won't work.
Sponsored