WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Damn you M6G, look what you made me do … :giggle:

1651992819583.jpeg

@DFB5.0 - What’s you source / recommendations for pop tops to fit these bottles please ? :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Damn you M6G, look what you made me do … :giggle:

1651992819583.jpeg

@DFB5.0 - What’s you source / recommendations for pop tops to fit these bottles please ? :like:

I re-purposed a pop top lid from an old Adams soap bottle -

IMG_8578.jpg

I actually went shopping for some last week, they are really hard to find for sale. I ended up getting some from a cleaning supply company -

White Pop Top 28mm for 1Ltr bottle Wholesale Cleaning Supplies

You would otherwise re-purpose one from a food or juice container.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I re-purposed a pop top lid from an old Adams soap bottle -

IMG_8578.jpg

I actually went shopping for some last week, they are really hard to find for sale. I ended up getting some from a cleaning supply company -

White Pop Top 28mm for 1Ltr bottle Wholesale Cleaning Supplies

You would otherwise re-purpose one from a food or juice container.
Look what turned up today...........................

IMG-2651.jpg

IMG-2662.jpg

I wish more companies would offer these on their bottles.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
D: More often than not, I buy gallons of chemicals rather than liters or quarts so I have to use other squeeze bottles, etc.. Plus, I rarely use products like Perl full strength so I end up having to use another container anyway. For those I have dedicated squeeze bottles.

BUT, for anything used straight from the bottle, those nifty tops you got are perfect. Thankfully, nearly all use standard threads. <grin>

SOoooo...how long did it take you to line up all the caps? <chuckling> I swear you are twice as OCD as I and that is saying something. :cool:

Keep coming with those great posts amigo.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
D: More often than not, I buy gallons of chemicals rather than liters or quarts so I have to use other squeeze bottles, etc.. Plus, I rarely use products like Perl full strength so I end up having to use another container anyway. For those I have dedicated squeeze bottles.

BUT, for anything used straight from the bottle, those nifty tops you got are perfect. Thankfully, nearly all use standard threads. <grin>

SOoooo...how long did it take you to line up all the caps? <chuckling> I swear you are twice as OCD as I and that is saying something. :cool:

Keep coming with those great posts amigo.
Ha ha, when I was setting that photo up I was thinking, I bet I get asked how long that took me. :giggle:

I buy in gallon sizes too, most of the time dispensed into Kwazar sprayers or smaller bottles, using one of those brilliant screw on funnels.

nov172.jpg

jan21187.jpg

IMG-1705.jpg

IMG-0035.jpg

I have intentions of using these lids on non-diluted products such as soap.

IMG_2655.jpg

IMG_2660.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
D: <smiling> I use that screw on funnel every time I fill my foam canister not to mention all the other bottles of stuff that need a refill and that I have in multiple, barely organized places. :-) Thing is, at least with the funnel I have, the threads don't match most of the time. Perhaps I need a more better funnel.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I hate you all!!

1652311998205.png

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Ok, still waiting for the Car Pro Perl to arrive but today I tried the McGuires and it wasn't totally bad. Only one light coat. Going to wait for the PERL to arrive to see whether it is a little less glossy and a little more black.

I did get my own detail crew trained up today though so that was a good thing!

Attach126390_20220522_154912.jpg

PXL_20220522_200722052.jpg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Ok, still waiting for the Car Pro Perl to arrive but today I tried the McGuires and it wasn't totally bad. Only one light coat. Going to wait for the PERL to arrive to see whether it is a little less glossy and a little more black.

I did get my own detail crew trained up today though so that was a good thing!

Attach126390_20220522_154912.jpg

PXL_20220522_200722052.jpg
Train them while they are young! Did he pass the class?

Meguiar's Endurance was a product I quite liked the look of, smelt good too. A thin coat and/or a knock down afterwards is imperative though.

Perl undiluted can look quite glossy right after application.

IMG-2580.jpg

Once Perl has dried, it tends to lose some of that sheen, looking more natural so don't judge it until it has cured. This is Perl after sitting in the garage for seven days -

IMG-2685.jpg

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Train them while they are young! Did he pass the class?

Meguiar's Endurance was a product I quite liked the look of, smelt good too. A thin coat and/or a knock down afterwards is imperative though.

Perl undiluted can look quite glossy right after application.

IMG-2580.jpg

Once Perl has dried, it tends to lose some of that sheen, looking more natural so don't judge it until it has cured. This is Perl after sitting in the garage for seven days -

IMG-2685.jpg
Once he learned nor to drag the towel he was good.

Damn that looks great. That's the diluted PERL?

I'm going to check on the McGuires today and see how it looks. Depending on it the freak wind and rain storms are done in the area.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Once he learned nor to drag the towel he was good.

Damn that looks great. That's the diluted PERL?

I'm going to check on the McGuires today and see how it looks. Depending on it the freak wind and rain storms are done in the area.
Many dilute Perl but I use full strength/neat from the bottle. I like the look better and also find it less messy/drippy when used straight from the bottle.

Meguiar's Endurance will be more likely to withstand rain/wet conditions when compared to water based dressing like Perl.

Reactions: MCS

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Perl, with an adopted pop top curtesy of Aldi dishwasher rinse (or it might have been concentrated cleaner), 50/50 Perl and my posh tyre brush :

1655327582200.jpeg

Car was washed Monday night, Perl was Tuesday night and photos taken Wednesday night :

1655327655513.jpeg

1655327692431.jpeg

I still need to find a method for applying dressings to the inner face of the rim protection band - my posh brush fails in that area.

The posh brush seems to favour a 50/50 slightly runny mix.

Even at 50/50 it’s still a bit glossy for me - any tips for knocking it back a bit ?

Cheers,

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Perl, with an adopted pop top curtesy of Aldi dishwasher rinse (or it might have been concentrated cleaner), 50/50 Perl and my posh tyre brush :

1655327582200.jpeg

Car was washed Monday night, Perl was Tuesday night and photos taken Wednesday night :

1655327655513.jpeg

1655327692431.jpeg

I still need to find a method for applying dressings to the inner face of the rim protection band - my posh brush fails in that area.

The posh brush seems to favour a 50/50 slightly runny mix.

Even at 50/50 it’s still a bit glossy for me - any tips for knocking it back a bit ?

Cheers,

Perl does seem to level down a bit by itself, but yes knock it back with a towel if needed.

As for the inner lip of the PS4S’s, I gave up on that pretty quickly. Other option would be to dedicate a towel to the job, use a small amount of product on your finger wrapped inside the towel, then wipe that inner lip.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
WD: Deyon has the answer, a light wipe with a towel and it will knock back the shine to look like brand new, squeaky clean rubber. :-)

I do use 50/50 and as for the bead groove, I find these applicators from Chemical Guys are perfect for that. Put an edge in the groove and two wipes is all it takes. Been using them for as long as I can remember. Good for about 10 sessions then pitch the old and grab a new. A bunch come in the package.

I would have included a link but the CG site is tits up.

1655371836531.png
Sponsored