Sponsored

Car just arrived and Ughhh

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
My goodness what a shit show. Sorry man.
Sponsored

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
i feel your pain... i really do.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
damn! good luck man.

Baugustine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350; 2018 Acura TLX; 1970 Boss 302
Yeah, if the antenna is faulty you’ll definitely get that problem.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I think your on the way to getting it resolved.

Sponsored

vVCOBRAVv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Z06, S3, Jeep JL Eco Diesel, Armada
So I just got a little insight to what is going on. The locksmith was unable to program a key. He read the error codes and the issues are related to the start button and interior center antenna which makes sense why the car won't read the key fob. I ended up having to call Ford roadside assistance so a wrecker is having to come pick it up. Wish me luck that the car isn't damaged being picked up or dropped off at the dealership.
Did you try this? Fast forward to 3:30.

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
I'm having a totally different issue I think. I have juice, it just doesn't recognize the key fob. I am hoping to get some sort of resolution today because as you can see from my timing, I am losing sleep over this ordeal. In fact, I have been losing sleep for a month now dealing with this company.
I feel your pain man. This has to be the last time you ever use one of these car buying services. The stress is not worth it IMO.
I’m getting stressed out just by reading all the issues you have had with this company and their cars.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
So I couldn't get it to do anything when I hooked up my jump box to it but the one I have is a small one. I put the charger back on the battery and all I am getting is 3 bars after several minutes. Last night this thing was fully charged. Could this be the battery?

IMG_0404.jpg
I wouldn't worry about that, it will take a little time to do what it needs to do at that stage :

1642684010850.png

Several mins could easily be expected, especially if its looking for stability rather than just a quick spike in the value.

WD :like:

Sponsored

vVCOBRAVv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Z06, S3, Jeep JL Eco Diesel, Armada
A million times! It looks like the issue is that antenna underneath the cupholder is faulty.
Ugh, so frustrating! I ended up flying out to Nebraska from PA to pick mine up and drive it back cross country. I took a huge gamble but found solace by purchasing from a Ford dealership.

OP
OP
jseeutat

jseeutat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Ugh, so frustrating! I ended up flying out to Nebraska from PA to pick mine up and drive it back cross country. I took a huge gamble but found solace by purchasing from a Ford dealership.
Yeah, they had no Shelby's anywhere near me at a Ford dealership. They had a 2020 near me at a Dodge dealership but they didn't want to do anything on a trade in value with me. Looking back, I probably should have gone with it. If I can get this issue squared away I will be happy because this car is immaculate and is beautiful.

IMG_0412.jpg

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
It should be fixable. I’d make the a holes at Vroom pay for it. Make a claim in court over the costs. They clearly sold you a car that was not working properly.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
This is likely covered under the warranty, no? It's amazing to me that the car made it into Jseeutat's hands before total failure (of the part). Is it possible Vroom didn't know about it? Obviously they were able to move the car multiple times, but who knows what kind of trouble they had 🤷‍♂️

The way I see it the car can be repaired, the customer service experience not so much. Outside of going to court, which would be costly and time consuming, you can leave very detailed bad reviews on every possible media platform and let them know you'll tell everyone you know about your horrible experience.

Your issues with them have been horrible PR and I certainly won't do any business with them after reading about it here. Not worth the headache!

Last edited:

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Sorry you have to deal with this, but I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the troubleshooting and updates. Lot's of good info on here. I love the blue, it was my second choice!
Sponsored