OP
OP
jseeutat

jseeutat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
So I picked the car up today. It is absolutely beautiful. PFF on the whole front of the car. Windows tinted. Super clean. Only one key came with the car and one tiny paint chip on the drivers side door. When I drive off from the pickup location, the car alerts "No Key Fob Detected". My wife wants to stop at Sam's Club so against my better judgement I agree. When we go to leave Sam's Club the car won't start. I run next door to Walmart and replace the battery in the fob and get back to the car and it still won't start. I remove the cup holder piece and insert it in the slot and after pushing the button about 30 times the car starts and I drive it home. Now the car won't start at all. I have removed the fob battery, disconnected the car batter, etc. Called Ford and to no surprise I speak to someone who is in a foreign country who can barely speak English. What the heck...... My local dealership is 3 weeks out for an available appointment...... This has been one hell of an ordeal!

IMG_0350.jpg
Sponsored

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
It is possible the battery needs to be charged. These cars go a bit crazy when the battery voltage is low. Hook it up to a tender for a few hours and try again.

Baugustine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350; 2018 Acura TLX; 1970 Boss 302
Or they gave you the wrong fob. Mine had a low battery message when I took delivery. Battery replacement addressed it.

NO FOB message is the BCM does not see a registered fob in range. You do not need to go to the dealer. Any local mobile locksmith can re-register it for you.

Ford requires 2 unique FOBs if the tech does an “erase” function, so be aware.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Man you are snakebit with this car (pun sort of intended!). Looks beautiful I have to say. Hopefully once you get this weird issue sorted out, you will be able to enjoy it as much as the rest of us do ours. Hopefully it is just a low battery situation.

OP
OP
jseeutat

jseeutat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Man you are snakebit with this car (pun sort of intended!). Looks beautiful I have to say. Hopefully once you get this weird issue sorted out, you will be able to enjoy it as much as the rest of us do ours. Hopefully it is just a low battery situation.
Yeah, I literally couldn't make all of this up. I have a battery tender on it right now. The fob will lock, unlock, open the trunk, etc. It just won't start the damn car.

Sponsored

Baugustine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350; 2018 Acura TLX; 1970 Boss 302
Get a 2nd fob, have a local locksmith “erase” and “register“ both fobs. Problem should be solved and the other fob that is registered to your car (the one you don’t have) will be rendered useless.

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
What a story! I don't trust the online "no haggle" dealers since you can't really inspect the car before you pull the trigger (unless they have a warehouse or car tower thingy).
Get a 2nd fob, have a local locksmith “erase” and “register“ both fobs. Problem should be solved and the other fob that is registered to your car (the one you don’t have) will be rendered useless.
I'd say give this a try. I've replaced may fobs that may lock/unlock the car but for some reason the fob isn't being correctly read or even read at all. You should also have 2 fobs minimum (all Fords ship with 2 keys; must have 2 keys programmed to start the car).

OP
OP
jseeutat

jseeutat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Still sitting here staring at a vehicle I can't start! I ordered a new OEM key last night and it should arrive in a few days. I charged the battery overnight and that did not help. A locksmith was supposed to come out today and take a look and he never showed. I called another locksmith and they were supposed to call me back and they never did. I am trying my hardest to avoid having to tow this car to a dealership.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Still sitting here staring at a vehicle I can't start! I ordered a new OEM key last night and it should arrive in a few days. I charged the battery overnight and that did not help. A locksmith was supposed to come out today and take a look and he never showed. I called another locksmith and they were supposed to call me back and they never did. I am trying my hardest to avoid having to tow this car to a dealership.
Is it possible that the battery failed to the point it won't take a charge? Could you grab a new battery?

OP
OP
jseeutat

jseeutat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Is it possible that the battery failed to the point it won't take a charge? Could you grab a new battery?
The battery has a full charge. It did take several hours on a CTEK 5.0 charger.

Sponsored

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
It sounds like the other key is wherever you picked up the car from. It started, then when you pulled away it said no key detected correct? It will keep running without a key close by but won’t restart after it’s shut off. Either way, I feel bad for you man and hopefully everything gets figured out.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Hopefully it will get sorted. I think its time to escalate the issue to someone higher up or find a way to make them listen, compensating you for all this in some form or fashion. Beautiful car! Hang in there.

OP
OP
jseeutat

jseeutat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
How do you know the battery is "good" and has a "full charge"?
The charger made it all the way to battery charged. That being said, I don't have a meter or anything like that to actually test it. I could remove it and take it to Autozone in the morning and have them test it. The locksmith got in touch with me and said he could come out in the morning.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
The charger made it all the way to battery charged. That being said, I don't have a meter or anything like that to actually test it. I could remove it and take it to Autozone in the morning and have them test it. The locksmith got in touch with me and said he could come out in the morning.
I've got a tester from Amazon a while ago and it's proven to be more accurate than Autozone one - useful thing to have. No jump starter to eliminate battery as a source ?
Sponsored