Car is on jacks..what shifter mods and fluids to change while up

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Adjustable polyurethane motor mounts are often overlooked, but they firm up the drivetrain which can help prevent missed shifts.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Ya I looked into the bushings and shifter

Damn. Shifter install looks fun with driveline/exhaust etc. in the way.

That will come. As a few other things. Just wanted tochange fluids stc while in garage for winter weather

Hsvs the stress clutch spring also. But want to change it the sane day I’m driving it , to actually feel the difference

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Nice call on the Motul DCTF, that is what I plan on using in mine when I get around to it. Big fan of their fluids. I also do Ceratec on mine once a year (normally 2 oil changes a year) seems to quiet it down a good bit.

I tried the Whiteline transmission bushing. It will definitely firm up shifts, but will transmit NVH as well. I ended up taking mine out as I am currently driving 180 mile round trip commute daily and it got to be annoying.

OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Gotcha

So it’s that noticeable huh

im It sure what way I’m going yet. Need to finalize the too lowered/new wheel setup ,suspension befire I go back to a shifter/inserts

Kinda wish I would of had the ceratec when I was pumping in the oil., I would if added some just to see.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ya I looked into the bushings and shifter

Damn. Shifter install looks fun with driveline/exhaust etc. in the way.

That will come. As a few other things. Just wanted tochange fluids stc while in garage for winter weather

Hsvs the stress clutch spring also. But want to change it the sane day I’m driving it , to actually feel the difference
Pull the exhaust and driveshaft for the shifter.

Sponsored

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Good call on the motul. Best fluid I've used yet in the trans.

The bushing nvh is real. I found it to be a time thing. The more I drove in one sitting, the more it got to me. For me noises take away from the enjoyment.

OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Before I think about droppingbthe catback I just put on and the driveline.

How big of an improvement is a shifter?

whats the best ones to look at?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Nice call on the Motul DCTF, that is what I plan on using in mine when I get around to it. Big fan of their fluids. I also do Ceratec on mine once a year (normally 2 oil changes a year) seems to quiet it down a good bit.

I tried the Whiteline transmission bushing. It will definitely firm up shifts, but will transmit NVH as well. I ended up taking mine out as I am currently driving 180 mile round trip commute daily and it got to be annoying.

Not hearing anything that was not there in the first place. And the reason for squishy, cannot bring myself to call them bushings. More like packing material filler.

I never really have heard any objectable noise from a manual box. Excluding square cut gears, at the power level its just another noise, only worry when it's not heard. LMAO.
Sponsored

Last edited: