Sponsored

Car in for new engine at dealers and stolen last night!!!!!!!!!!!

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
There are just no words regarding this turn of events. Bloody awful. Sadly this event made the news in Perth - saw the article on my wife's facebook feed from one of the mustang owners club pages.
Sponsored

Reactions: car
OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Well it appears the dealer has walked away from this and is not offering any support. Time will tell. I had a pretty bad night and woke to the news the local Mustang car Club has started a fund raiser for me. I didn't know I had so many friends. just shows people do have your back. Insurance will write the car off after 14 days. I provisionally signed up for the last triple yellow in Australia for sale this afternoon. Other things will happen later (can't say more now).

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Appalling. The letter writing needs to start with a letter to Ford Australia.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That’s some really shitty luck you’re having.
If that car turns up, refuse to take it back. I’ve been down this path before.
Stolen car came back with a rooted LSD and a heap of new rattles. I won’t even go into the condition of the paint work.
I just argued and argued and then eventually took it to MY choice of repairer who gladly created a situation where it was cheaper to write the car off than repair it.
You have options.

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
What i think.

Sponsored

PNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5
What a horrible situation. Reminds me of a mate who had his GT Falcon in a Ford Dealership and there was a workshop fire, writing off his car.

That dealer didn't want to know about it, either. The mind boggles. These things happen on the dealer's watch and they shirk responsibility.

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Yes everyone I meet is of the same opinion. But if they are negligent....

69Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 5.0
Yes everyone I meet is of the same opinion. But if they are negligent....
Mate, have a chat to a solicitor, legally in my view they cannot walk away, that is crap. Under the law of bailment when they take possession of the vehicle they become the bailee and are responsible for any loss you suffer. Your insurance company should know this and they are subrogated to whatever rights you have.

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Well I'm waiting for Monday - 14 days are up for insurance to declare a total loss. then we will see.

Sponsored
OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Ok here is a update. They caught the gang leader last week. Google "crime spree Mandurah" if you want more info.
https://thewest.com.au/news/crime/m...across-rockingham-and-mandurah-ng-b881254574z

This group of halfwits would be criminal kingpins (not) have caused havoc up and down the coast in Western Australia. They finally arrested the leader but the rest of the gang are still at large. Most of the goods and cars have been recovered EXCEPT my Mustang! They did do a lot of damage to people like myself, businesses that have had to close because of the losses. I never realised the effect a theft of a car can cause. Spending hours at the DMV filling in forms reordering plates ($242.00) The insurance have finally caved in after threats of legal action (key in the car can invalidate insurance). The dealership also came through once I was able to talk to the principle or owner who didn’t realise the major hassles I was going through. He got his insurance to call my insurance and last Thursday I got calls all day apologising for the problems. The Ford dealer even lent me his personal car black GT and brought it to my house. I really appreciated that. I did not realise how good it was to be in a GT after nearly 6 weeks!

I have found another yellow Mustang GT, and the insurance have bought it for me. Should take delivery this week. Unfortunately, I drove my loan Mustang GT there on Saturday and some fool rear ended me on the freeway!!!! Had to ring the dealership to say his new black GT was damaged. He was very good about it and the person who hit me is paying for the damage which is not too bad ($1400.00). Could not believe it happened. The guy in a Porsche cut in behind me left no gap. When the car in front of me braked he just ran straight into me. No braking nothing. Said he didn’t see me (black car etc). Stupid.

So, what have I learned? Having a son who is a lawyer is very helpful. In my case the keys were in the car, the car was locked up but there were no bollards to stop thieves driving the cars out. So when the insurance gave me a hard time I was able to get good advice. If I take the car anywhere where I lose control over the keys (as in a service etc) I'm staying until it is finished. If there is warranty claim and it stays longer, I don't know what I will do. I will ask if their insurance covers a possible theft. This has not been a good experience. It was bad enough having a very important asset stolen (especially as I am so careful with my keys) but feeling abandoned by my dealer (they have definitely corrected that now) and my insurer was a very stressful experience. I felt the cops didn’t care as I did not hear from them at all. In fact, they were doing a lot (and still are) but the information didn’t flow to me. I went on a Mustang car meet and the 2 yellow GTs there had been stopped multiple times by the cops who are very actively looking for my car. I'm not replacing the custom plates until the old car is recovered. I have also lost about 8000.00 in extras the insurance did not cover. I think if you add wheels, paint protection, carbon fibre etc tell your insurance so it will be covered. I will be trying to get compensated for that shortly. I was really lucky I took out the radar detector and the custom steering wheel was sent back to SoCal Garage (wrong base) - hey Greg if you are reading this I'm looking forward to the new wheel soon!)

I will post photos when I take delivery if people are interested - can't wait to be back in my own car.

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Sounds like a bit of karma might of came back to the dealer,with the loan car bingle:giggle:.
anyway good to hear you got it all sorted Chris,,and hope you have much better luck with the new Stang.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Really good day. Picked up the new car after 6 weeks no car! Thanks to Midway Ford. I really like the Recaros and magna ride suspension. Not quite the end of the story as I'm looking to get my extras wheels carbon fibre etc replaced. Driving my own again its like I got the first one in 2015!!
aaamustang cott.jpg

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Really good day. Picked up the new car after 6 weeks no car! Thanks to Midway Ford. I really like the Recaros and magna ride suspension. Not quite the end of the story as I'm looking to get my extras wheels carbon fibre etc replaced. Driving my own again its like I got the first one in 2015!!
aaamustang cott.jpg
Congratulations. Hopefully you can put this all behind you soon!

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
aaamustang cott.jpg
Good to see that you got it (mostly) sorted.
Quite the run you had going there for a bit :whew:
Sponsored