Sponsored

Car Hesitating under WOT

Nick71692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang
So recently i noticed if im cruising along and put my foot to floor the car hesitates, almost feels like a quick downshift in an auto car (mine is a 6 speed) then power comes on. The hesitation comes right when I floor it and then all is good to redline. Does it in every gear no matter the rpms or speed. If I roll into the throttle no issues. Kinda has me stumped as to why

Car has a 93 oct tune from lund
Stainless works headers
Solo performance exhaust
Drop in k&n air filter, stock box

Any ideas why the hesitation or has anyone experiences this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

5LITERV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I had a similar issue with the Bama tune when I first flashed the ECU although mine is manual but it would cut off under WOT. It turned out I had the incorrect tire revs per mile. After I corrected that and reflashed it again it went away. Not sure if the Lund tune has that option but if it does I would check that.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Its the tune send your logs to lund, they'll fix it!

OP
OP

Nick71692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang
Well thats interesting I did just put on new wheels, project 6gr 20x10s and 20x11s. I wonder if thats it?

5LITERV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
So this just started when you changed the new wheels/tires, correct? It was running normal before? If so then it has to be the same issue I had. I would check with Lund if you can adjust the tires revs per mile yourself or they will have to email you a new tune.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Nick71692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang
Well not sure. I got it all done at the same time so the only thing i can compare it to is stock with pp wheels. Long tubes, wheels and tune were all done together

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Are you sure it didn't do this before? If it's subtle, you think it's possible you may have just not had the car under the right circumstances to notice before? My car has always had a subtle hesitation like you describe under just the right circumstances. Im actually hoping s tune will lessen it but it may not.

OP
OP

Nick71692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang
definitely not present before. Had the car on the track (road course) in stock form and had plenty of instances where I would have noticed the hesitation.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
What driving mode are you in?
Normal mode does soften the throttle response a little.

OP
OP

Nick71692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang
I used to drive in sport mode but now with the tune its far too sensitive for me on the street so I started driving in normal mode. I did switch modes though to see if it was still present and it was so the modes did not impact it.

Sponsored

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Have you done any data logging and if so...does anything show up in the logs? Id think it's got to be in the tune. Since your still running the OE intake, could you flash back to stock to see if the issue goes away?

OP
OP

Nick71692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang
Good point, could do that. guess that would help narrow in on where the issue lies although I always heard you never want to run these cars on stock tune with headers...not sure if anyone could confirm.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
If I'm not mistaken, the car should run fine but you will get a CEL because the rear 02's will be reading out of range due to your lack of cat converters. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in but I can't see how you'd have any real issues on the stock tune just for diagnostic purposes.

OP
OP

Nick71692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang
So lund said you cant adjuat the tire rev on a 2015. Loaded the stock tune back to ight and the heaitation seems to be there just not near the same level.

Did a couple other searches and seen older s197s had the problem often and it was everything from dirty MAF sensor to a bu ch of people saying its the traction control system. The traction light doesnt come on when I do it but they said its the computer managing the torque.

Need to try it with traction control off and get logs

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
There's a maxi fuse you can pull to get rid of all the traction control and ABS. May be worth a shot to rule that out.
Sponsored