Sponsored

Car has felt "loose" since rim/tire change up.

Brombones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Mustang PP1
Was hoping I could get some opinions from you all. I changed out my PP1 rims and tires a few weeks ago for the SVE R355 19x10/11 with the Nitto NT555 G2 285/35/19 fronts and 305/35/19 rears. Reputable shop. Tires came balanced and the shop told me I needed no alignment. What I have noticed is that at 100+ mph, the car feels very unsteady in the front end. While with the PP1 set up, she felt very planted, even at high speed, now she feels as most as if she is "floating" and I don't have the same confidence behind the wheel as I once did.

I'm just trying to figure out what I need to do to remedy this issue and if anybody has any ideas.

As always, appreciate everyone's expertise.

Thanks.
Sponsored

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
check your tire pressure?

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
I'm willing to bet it's the tires. The NT555 G2's are a decent value tire but they are no where near as good as the Michelin PS4S that come stock on the PP1.

Spazz2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I agree with ihc95....it is the more than likely the Nitto Tire...I have/had the same problem, have michelins on order because I felt the same thing you describe.

OP
OP
Brombones

Brombones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Mustang PP1
I'm willing to bet it's the tires. The NT555 G2's are a decent value tire but they are no where near as good as the Michelin PS4S that come stock on the PP1.

Honestly, this is what I was scared of. Thanks for the response.

Sponsored

cozmo2312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT (current) 2017 Ruby Red GT350 (past)
i've got the same Nitto's mounted on the same SVE rims and i've got a really bad vibration that i just can't shake (lol pun).. i've had the wheels and tires balanced three times by three different shops, not including the original balance from LMR. each time, they come back with weights in different places. if i swap back to my OEM wheels/tires, car is smooth. it's driving me insane. I feel like its the tires and i'm hoping when i burn through these a different brand will give me better results. if not, it's bye bye to these wheels, which sucks, because i really like them.

OP
OP
Brombones

Brombones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Mustang PP1
i've got the same Nitto's mounted on the same SVE rims and i've got a really bad vibration that i just can't shake (lol pun).. i've had the wheels and tires balanced three times by three different shops, not including the original balance from LMR. each time, they come back with weights in different places. if i swap back to my OEM wheels/tires, car is smooth. it's driving me insane. I feel like its the tires and i'm hoping when i burn through these a different brand will give me better results. if not, it's bye bye to these wheels, which sucks, because i really like them.
Exact. Same. Boat. I am hoping, like you, that it is just the tires and once I replace them, the issue stops. I have heard quite a lot of negativity about the Nittos, seems like it was true.

Sammy Killer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3 Shadow Black
Good information to know when picking up tires for my car once the stock Cooper RS3-S tires are out, I might just get some PS4s after driving my brother's A10 PP1 around town.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
quite a lot of negativity about the Nittos
For good reason. I have zero complaints with my INDY 500 FIREHAWKS. They do everything I ask them to do.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Ive taken the G2's over 150mph, i dont have confidence issues, but they are crappy tires. I got them for a steal, these G2's and RTR wheels for 650$ if i recall 2 years ago. My MPS4s are much much better, if i ever wear these out i wont buy them again, ill replace with 20" MPS4s

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
You can also be experiencing some tramlining which comes with wider tires in the front. It feels like you are losing control and don't have much grip when you're at higher speeds and the car starts wandering left and right slightly due to road imperfections.

OP
OP
Brombones

Brombones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Mustang PP1
You can also be experiencing some tramlining which comes with wider tires in the front. It feels like you are losing control and don't have much grip when you're at higher speeds and the car starts wandering left and right slightly due to road imperfections.
I had wondered that as well. It makes a lot of sense.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
What are your alignment settings? Sounds like you could benefit from a bit of toe in up front to minimize tramlining introduced from the wider tires and add some high speed stability.

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
Hate to quote "cause and effect" but sometimes the unpredictable happens. I would assume the PS4S sneakers were the better choice but we all like tweaking our rides.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I had the stock PP wheels with Michelin PS A/S3+ previously, i went with SVE wheels 19x10 squared a couple of months ago tires are now Good year Exhilarate in 285/35. Most of the roads here are crap, I started noticing slight vibration while driving on a smooth road, took it back for a rebalance and issue has gotten worse.
Sponsored